Get a load of this crap... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Get a load of this crap...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
I'm an atheist/agnostic/non-believer. The guy violated company policy. Shop at Lowes. If your town is anything like every other town in America, Lowes can be found kitty-corner from Home Depot.
Sounds like you're advocating boycotting Home Depot for upholding their company policy. Is that what you're saying?

Old 11-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #22

Liked 1109 Times on 657 Posts
Likes Given: 348

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
No need to look for a grand conspiracy in everything folks...
I like that statement.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 11-04-2009, 05:19 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I am glad to know they didn't waffle for a year before dealing with this uniform issue. I am also glad the problem didn't involve his Bible; that would've been silly IMO, unless he had that pinned to his shirt or something.

I don't think the Muslim with the Tshirt would've been quite the same; if i remember correctly, HD employees wear HD shirts with HD logos & such at work, not personal shirts. I could be wrong about that; there is only Lowe's in my town; the HD is in the next town over. Hopefully, if a Muslim or Buddhist or other non-Christian employee wore an unapproved pin or badge, the situation would be handled in the same way.

I really don't think HD would intentionally try to alienate Christians; Christians shop for home improvement stuff too. I doubt you will be able to change HD's policy, but you could look for a more Mom-n-Pop type hardware store that is more supportive of the expression of Christian beliefs at work. I'm being serious about looking for a store more in-line with your beliefs; i buy a lot of incense and generally drive thirty minutes to a "head shop" to get it, rather than buying at a more local store less supportive of my kind of people.

Not to be antagonistic, but i notice many store employees wishing me a "blessed day". I don't remember ever hearing any Muslim phrases at checkout. At least, you can be happy that this medium of expression hasn't been denied to Christian cashiers.

About four years ago Walmart forbid their associates from saying Merry Christmas to their customers - that lasted one year and when their sales dropped dramatically they wanted them to greet customers with Merry Christmas the next year .

All I say is , a business has a right to have any rule they want , a customer has a right to disagree with their money .

Any gun owner that voted for obama is a gun owner I don't trust with a gun !

Old 11-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1861 View Post
All I say is , a business has a right to have any rule they want , a customer has a right to disagree with their money .
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
How would you feel if a solider got in trouble for wearing an unauthorized button on his uniform? Not the same way the solider would be at fault because it is a uniform.
I think i read the other day that the U.S. Army made an exception so a Sihk soldier could keep his turban & beard. I think that is a bit much, personally, and dude should have considered finding another way to serve. How will he get a helmet over that thing; he'd look like Dark Helmut in Spaceballs the Movie. http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/291576,sikh-gets-rare-permission-to-wear-turban-beard-in-us-army.html Couldn't find a more mainstream media source easily, sorry.

{LOLing to myself about the Peace Symbol button in "Full Metal Jacket".}

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Last edited by orangello; 11-04-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:30 AM   #25

I didn't write the letter to HD....just relaying what I see.

As a business owner myself here in smalltown U.S.A., I know all about company policy, rules and regs., and dress code. I AM NOT here to bash HD or start a boycott...I think many are missing my point.

In God We Trust...all others must pay cash.

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/no-such-thing-too-safe-not-squeamish-29396/

Old 11-05-2009, 12:37 AM   #26

Maybe many ARE missing your point.....uhhhh, what was your point again? I don't think you made one other than just posting an article and correspondence that MIGHT have been sent to Home Depot.....but I could be wrong.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #27

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
Sounds like you're advocating boycotting Home Depot for upholding their company policy. Is that what you're saying?
No, I'm simply saying that he has the option of taking his money elsewhere, if a company upholding its' policies bothers him. But you already knew that. And Jimmy Johnson is about to win the Whatever-The-Hell-It-Is-This-Year cup, so they might be having a sale.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #28

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justen.223 View Post
I didn't write the letter to HD....just relaying what I see.

As a business owner myself here in smalltown U.S.A., I know all about company policy, rules and regs., and dress code. I AM NOT here to bash HD or start a boycott...I think many are missing my point.
I've got your point. Don't mess with Jesus. He'll send your ass to Hell.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 11-05-2009, 12:46 AM   #29

I guess that's sarcasm, since you are a self-professed atheist, right?

Old 11-05-2009, 02:07 AM   #30
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I expect I got bored with the OP but tell me more about the helio with Santa (a few pages back). That would be fun yard display.

It's simple follow the rules of your employer, quit your job if you have "ethics" that prevent your from following the rules or expect to be fired if you don't fallow the rules. It's not complicated, until some one claimes, race, religion, sex or some other poor excuse for not doing the job hired for with in the employers requirements.

Then again still want the Santa helio

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.