Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Get a load of this crap...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Get a load of this crap...

It's pretty bad when our society has come to this...

Disclaimer... If you have a problem with Christianity then DO NOT proceed. (How Ironic)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569635,00.html?test=latestnews

In God We Trust...all others must pay cash.

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/no-such-thing-too-safe-not-squeamish-29396/

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I don't have to spend money at Home Depot .

Any gun owner that voted for obama is a gun owner I don't trust with a gun !

Old 11-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #3

My question is if Home Depot really had a problem with this in regards to their dress code, then why was nothing said for the first 19 months. Apperaently there is more to it than just a pin, and (we havent heard their side yet) but who cares...

I say to those people who have a problem with God/Christianity, then so what, you don't have to believe it. I don't have to believe your budiahst, muslm, or hindo beliefs, and I'm not going to criticize you for it...that's your priogrative.

In God We Trust...all others must pay cash.

“ A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. "

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f55/no-such-thing-too-safe-not-squeamish-29396/

Old 11-03-2009, 12:16 AM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

How is this about god, or Christianity, or patriotism for that matter. The guy refused to follow company policy and got fired. He should get fired. If you don't like the company policy, go somewhere else.

I think Home Depot is right here. What if the next employee wanted to wear a pin saying death to Americans, or wear a swastika. The policy of no political or religious statements has to be applied to everyone.

Old 11-03-2009, 12:29 AM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I agree Jo.

Look. When you take employment somewhere, you are given a booklet or a list or rules and regs. You can agree, or you can risk it.

You can break them if you want. At my work ( power company ), we drug test randomly, guess why. We ALWAYS have guys piss hot. They know they COULD get in trouble, they choose to risk it.

If, for 19 monhts, no one had a problem with your pin, or your political statement, well, you got lucky. You rolled and rolled and rolled and finally crapped out.

Is it a bitch made way to get fired? Yes, I believe so. But that does not change the fact that it was against the policy of the company that you agreed to work for.

You are not in a Union. You are in a Right to Work State. You gambled. You lost.

Sorry, but that is the policy of the company...

JD

Old 11-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #6

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

There was no action because no one noticed. I worked for home depot and they are very strict about how you wear what you wear and what your apron looks like. They also don't allow you to take your apron off company property if you do it is cause for termination. This has nothing to do with Home Depot not liking christians or christianity. It has to do with the douche bag puting a unauthorized pin on his home depot apron. That is againest company policy, in the first day of training you learn that. If this guy was not out for a effing payday he would have done what he was told. Now the problem is no supervisor did anything or said anything about it. Me if I was the district manager who more than likely fired the guy I would have also fired his immediate supervisor and the next one up the chain as well. They didn't follow company policy and there for should be terminated.

I seen it on Fox news and and was pissed at first till they started going into it. They did offer to give him a company authorized pin to replace the unauthorized pin.

You as an employee do not own the apron it is home depot property so there for they can tell you what you can and can't put on it.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #7
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Accept the job then go by the employers conditions, just because you got away with not following the rules for a minute, day, week, month or a year doesn't add your defense. Stupid is fine until you get set straight, after that .... something you can't fix.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-03-2009, 05:53 AM   #8

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justen.223 View Post
It's pretty bad when our society has come to this...

Disclaimer... If you have a problem with Christianity then DO NOT proceed. (How Ironic)

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569635,00.html?test=latestnews
Justen,

I am a devout Christian and I appreciate what you are trying to do here, but the guys are right. This is not about the like or dislike of christianity. Actually, it's unchristianlike.

The Bible clearly states we are to obey our employers.

Servants, respectfully obey your earthly masters but always with an eye to obeying the real master, Christ. Don’t just do what you have to do to get by, but work heartily, as Christ’s servants doing what God wants you to do. And work with a smile on your face, always keeping in mind that no matter who happens to be giving the orders, you’re really serving God. Good work will get you good pay from the Master, regardless of whether you are slave or free.

Ephesians 6:5-8

God Bless

Old 11-03-2009, 03:42 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I agree that a dress code is a dress code. Break the rules, pay the price.

That said, Home Depot can **** my **** while I take a **** all day long. After that, they can feel free to **** my *****.

**** you, Home Depot. And maybe you could spend some time policing the front of the store, where labor of questionable immigrant status seems to congregate.

I am Tango Prime!!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

"Fishel said The Home Depot has its own sanctioned patriotic pins that employees have the option to wear." from the article.

I wish he had just worn their store-approved pin. I hate to see freedom of expression quashed, but i'm not sitting here with my MJ Growers Assoc. hat on; if i was, that might impact how my employer's clients view their payroll tax returns and such. Home Depot chose to sell products to lots of different kinds of people; perhaps, this young man can find a store catering to Christians that will hire him.

I wouldn't particularly want to work with a Naziesque person wearing Nazi slogans on their work uniform; call me predjudiced i guess.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.