Gentelmen, war is upon us ....
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gentelmen, war is upon us ....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 05:13 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Default Gentelmen, war is upon us ....

Posted earlier by WDB,

"I own coffee stands in the PNW (just opened #4) so I only work a few hours a day. I do the books and bank deposits. I have spent a bit more time in court and county/city meetings as there is a bunch of up tight people that don't like the way the employees dress.

I urge all of you to donate to the WDB legal fund immediately. We must not let such a travesty persevere!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-30-2009, 05:23 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

??????????

What's this all about?

Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 AM   #3

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

I'm not sure, I've been drinking a lot tonight.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 10-31-2009, 02:48 AM   #4
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1877 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 3878

I agree! I am about to attack the frig for a beer, tasty German one!

Old 10-31-2009, 02:52 AM   #5

drinking FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 02:59 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I stopped drinking years ago after I became allergic to it. I used to break out in handcuffs.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-31-2009, 05:57 AM   #7

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I'm betting issue is low cut tops on hot coffee chix. Must NOT let bitter old saggers ruin middle aged guy fantasies!! Please contribute for me, I need to buy beer.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This goes back to an old thread, here’s the just of it.

I close my business after twenty years, hard to find a job these days. So I took what I have left and bought two coffee stands that seem to turn a good profit. The hook is the baristas are in bikinis. I like to believe I’m a good man so before I closed the deal I spoke to the employees, they are all over the age of 18 and quickly pointed out they make far more in tips than they would if that didn’t dress this way. I asked if I changed the coffee stands to a more reasonable dress code what they would think. With out exception they said they would quit and go find a coffee stand that let them dress this way so they could make the money. The traffic at both locations is great; security at the stands includes a hot button alarm, video and the bath room is a safe room. The reason the former decided to sell is due to pressure from the soccer mom’s that don’t want this in there neighborhood. There isn’t nothing seen at the coffee stand that wouldn’t be seen at the local beach so I don’t see the issue. The coffee cost a little more than the other stands in the area but as I expressed the traffic at the stand is better than most other stands. I did cut the over night shift as I believe the risk is too high but doubled up so none of the baristas work alone.

Understand I have a daughter the age of the girls that work at the coffee stands and if she wanted to work there I’d let her. Tell me if you think I’m wrong

Since then more of these types of coffee stands have opened and some are a bit over the line. The girls where pasties and thongs and putting on shows for the customers for bigger tips. NONE of my stands have ever worn anything less than a bikini and thongs aren’t allowed. My stands have video recording in and outside the stand so it’s easy to verify my employees are dressed no worse than you would expect to see at the beach and do not do extra to get a bigger tip. We have a strict code of conduct including how to dress when outside the coffee stand. There is a local vendor that seems to have taken it a bit too far and it’s affecting my business.

I met him at a city council meeting and why he thought we were allies, I explained there is a line that you can walk but when you step over it then all hell breaks loose, you crossed the line and it’s costing me money.

The soccer mom’s went on the offense and even launched there own website. Take Action Snohomish County Now I’m defending a honest business from the soccer moms and the scum that exploited it.

No need to raise funds for my defense, the lawyer working for me is doing it at a fair price and expect he will get a sound bite or two before it’s all settled.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Last edited by WDB; 10-31-2009 at 11:48 PM.

Old 11-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I stopped drinking years ago after I became allergic to it. I used to break out in handcuffs.
Lmao I don't care who ya are thats funny

Old 11-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #10

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
Gee. I had the same allergy.