Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > GAS Prices!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'll probably get flamed for saying this on a gun forum but rising gas prices while in the short term suck are also the wake up call we need to get off are lazy asses and start aggressively pushing towards alternative fuel sources again. Hopefully this time when the oil companies start dropping the fuel prices back down we don't just take a sigh of relief thinking that we were jumping the gun like every other time there's a gas crunch.
In the meantime we should be using are own fossil fuels and get are butts out of all these unstable parts of the world but that would just make too much sense wouldn't it

Old 04-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #102

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

$4.09/9 here, costco was $3.99/9 the other day. Thank God I work from home and only go into the office once a month. With what I make I couldn't afford to commute to the office every day.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #103

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter57 View Post
I'll probably get flamed for saying this on a gun forum but rising gas prices while in the short term suck are also the wake up call we need to get off are lazy asses and start aggressively pushing towards alternative fuel sources again. Hopefully this time when the oil companies start dropping the fuel prices back down we don't just take a sigh of relief thinking that we were jumping the gun like every other time there's a gas crunch.
In the meantime we should be using are own fossil fuels and get are butts out of all these unstable parts of the world but that would just make too much sense wouldn't it
There is already an excellent option available, bio-diesel. Cheap to produce, doesn't pollute anymore than what is already out there, and your exhaust smells like french fries. The second I have enough cash saved up I'm trading in my Camry for a VW Golf TDI.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-03-2011, 05:21 PM   #104
Supporting Member

Liked 1797 Times on 921 Posts
Likes Given: 971

Running around $3.69 here in Tennessee!

Wish we could figure out how to get the fat cat politicians who are making millions due to their personal investment in foreign oil companies to do what is right for America!

DRILL BABY DRILL!

We have more oil in the USA than all those countries combined! Now we are going to send Billions to Brazil to drill! I guess that is much better than sending the rag heads our business! Who at every step trying to destroy the free world and make the world one Islamic state. Good luck "WE HAVE GUNS AND AMMO"!

Well there I go again! If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck Em R Ducks!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
There is already an excellent option available, bio-diesel. Cheap to produce, doesn't pollute anymore than what is already out there, and your exhaust smells like french fries. The second I have enough cash saved up I'm trading in my Camry for a VW Golf TDI.
I wish there were more diesel options in this country. I would love to have one of these in a 4x4 or better yet just convince ford to start making rangers with a small diesel engine so I don't have to send my money over seas.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/08/taj-mahauler-we-drive-the-mahindra-diesel-pik-up.html

Old 04-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #106

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper03 View Post
Running around $3.69 here in Tennessee!

Wish we could figure out how to get the fat cat politicians who are making millions due to their personal investment in foreign oil companies to do what is right for America!

DRILL BABY DRILL!

We have more oil in the USA than all those countries combined! Now we are going to send Billions to Brazil to drill! I guess that is much better than sending the rag heads our business! Who at every step trying to destroy the free world and make the world one Islamic state. Good luck "WE HAVE GUNS AND AMMO"!

Well there I go again! If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck Em R Ducks!

QFT. Billions to Brazil to drill offshore, so they can turn around and sell the oil back to us at a huge markup. Brilliant.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #107

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Most of the stations around me are close to $3.50/gal. I have a "secret" place where I filled up at the other day for $3.30/gal Possibly the only bonus for living in MA.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 04-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #108

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter57 View Post
I wish there were more diesel options in this country. I would love to have one of these in a 4x4 or better yet just convince ford to start making rangers with a small diesel engine so I don't have to send my money over seas.

Taj Mahauler: We Drive Mahindra's Diesel Pik-Up - PickupTrucks.com News
There has been talk of a f-150 diesel along with the explorer and ranger.. Haven't seen anything yet but I think they are still working on it.

Gas is up another 10 cents this week to 3.69 reg

Old 04-03-2011, 05:53 PM   #109

Liked 6105 Times on 3697 Posts
Likes Given: 6910

Regular gas is now about $3.75/gal here in Northern Illinois. I drive less than 30 miles a day, usually, and a tank of gas often lasts me two weeks or so.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 PM   #110

Liked 1755 Times on 802 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

It's all relative guys. when the minimum wage was $1.00 gas was 50 cents a gallon now that the wage is nearly 8 bucks gas is still half of minimum wage. same price as it's always been. It's a vicious cycle.