Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Gamers, it's coming...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 02:03 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I'm just getting the game by itself, for the 360. I have always been better on the computer but... more people on the 360. Who knows, maybe this will be the one to teach me how to be more effective at FPS without a mouse.

BTW, the army don't use M-60's anymore, its the 240B and 249 SAW now. 240B shoots the same 7.62 round, but is a lot lighter, higher cyclic rate of fire, and has rails on all four sides.
BTW #2, the assistant gunner is more likely to be weilding an M4, same thing as a -A2, but with a collapsable stock and a slightly shorter barrel. Or, he might have an -A4, which just has an upgraded rail system. Either way, he probably will have an ACOG.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:53 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC_Hinman View Post
BTW, the army don't use M-60's anymore, its the 240B and 249 SAW now. 240B shoots the same 7.62 round, but is a lot lighter, higher cyclic rate of fire, and has rails on all four sides.
BTW #2, the assistant gunner is more likely to be weilding an M4, same thing as a -A2, but with a collapsable stock and a slightly shorter barrel. Or, he might have an -A4, which just has an upgraded rail system. Either way, he probably will have an ACOG.
LOL My unit didn't get the 249s until 1998. That and the secondary gunners used the 16s. They only issued us a few M4s so they were given to the NCOs.
The Signal Corps is sometimes slow with upgrading.

I would rather get the game separate and get an actual (used) NVG set from the military. The NVGs in those pictures look just like a spy toy they sell at Wal-Mart. The ring of LEDs is why I'm thinking that. Might be the same quality as well or it is the same pair and the just gave them new packaging and labels.

Can anyone verify from the pictures to see if they are the same type at Wal-Mart? I don't go there enough to check.

Who says you can't get blood from a stone?
It all depends on how hard you hit them with it.

~me~

Old 09-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #23

Totally stoked, and God of Wara 3 March 2010!

Smith&Wesson M&P .45
Beretta 92fs

NRA member since November 16, 2009

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."-V

Old 09-16-2009, 01:07 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCubed View Post
I would rather get the game separate and get an actual (used) NVG set from the military. The NVGs in those pictures look just like a spy toy they sell at Wal-Mart. The ring of LEDs is why I'm thinking that. Might be the same quality as well or it is the same pair and the just gave them new packaging and labels.

Can anyone verify from the pictures to see if they are the same type at Wal-Mart? I don't go there enough to check.
I am unsure about the NVGs, but I am definitely getting the game separately. As you noted, the fact that they use LEDs in that configuration is a sure sign that they are a cheaper toy. They're not as bulky as this one though:

ThinkGeek :: EyeClops Night Vision Goggles

Which I think might be a better buy simply for the fact that it has two different modes, and gives you up to 50 ft in complete darkness.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #25

I think the COD people need to create a Platinum Prestige Edition. Included are cheap crap set of Chinese night vision goggles to keep your kid busy in the basement for a few hours. Shoe catalogs to keep the spousal unit off your back, and a dog bone for Rex so he’s not begging you to play catch every 15 minutes. That should be good for at least a few hours of uninterrupted terrorist punting.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

Old 09-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #26

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moss99 View Post
I think the COD people need to create a Platinum Prestige Edition. Included are cheap crap set of Chinese night vision goggles to keep your kid busy in the basement for a few hours. Shoe catalogs to keep the spousal unit off your back, and a dog bone for Rex so he’s not begging you to play catch every 15 minutes. That should be good for at least a few hours of uninterrupted terrorist punting.
If I was married and had a family, I would sooo buy that edition.

Anyway, since some of you guys are speaking about weaponry, here is a little list of what is so far known that you get in MW2.

Assault Rifles:

Bushmaster ACR
TAR-21
FAMAS-F1
F2000
SCAR-H
Steyr AUG
AK-47
MK.14 Mod 0 EBR
M4 Carbine
M16
G3
SA80
FN FAL

Sub Machine Guns:

UMP .45
KRISS Super-V
Mini Uzi
MP5k
P90
PP-2000

Light Machine Guns:

RPD
M240
HK MG4

Shotguns:

Franchi SPAS-12
Armsel Striker
AA-12
Winchester 1200
Winchester 1887 (WTF?! )

Sniper Rifles:

Walther WA 2000
SVD Dragunov
Barrett M107

Pistols:

Glock 18
Desert Eagle (Of course everybody's favorite boat anchor has to be in the game.)
M1911 (JMB FTW! )
USP .45
M9 (The giant metal brick of instant death to the user on the battlefield has returned.)

Equipment:

Riot Shield
Ice Axe
M67B Hand Grenade
M18 Smoke Grenade
Flashbang
Stun Grenade
Knife (Which you can now throw at people.)
AT4
Semtex
C-4

Attachments:

Red Dot Sight
EOTech
ACOG Scope
Thermal Sights
Suppressor / Silencer
Heartbeat Sensor
Laser Module
R.I.S.
M203 Grenade Launcher
GP-25 Grenade Launcher

All information can be found out here:

Modern Warfare 2 :: News, multiplayer, video, screenshots, wallpapers, strategy guides, tactics

Oh BTW, Hans Zimmer is set to do the soundtrack for the game. I swear a theme similar to the Navy SEALs Theme from the film The Rock better be in the game or I will be a very sad panda.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 09-17-2009, 01:04 AM   #27

are you talking about modern warfare two.
If you are I am way ready.
PS3 gamer ID is tremblebe4me
meet you online

Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM   #28

Sniper Rifles:

Walther WA 2000
SVD Dragunov
Barrett M107

[/QUOTE]

3 snipers only? and they didnt put in the R700? or the M110? boooo!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

this game is going to be awesome too but I am ready for Bass Pro Shops The Strike. first fishing game for xbox 360 with a fishing pole controller.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #30

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynastyofnext View Post
Sniper Rifles:

Walther WA 2000
SVD Dragunov
Barrett M107
3 snipers only? and they didnt put in the R700? or the M110? boooo![/quote]

Let's see, one weapon only had like 167 models ever produced and it's never been tested against it's competitors....

and one model is an adapted version of an AK and doesn't shoot minute of angle.

And one is so damn heavy your average creep would have you plowing tracks through the grass to seed with.

Obviously a programmer's video game.....