Funny stories
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Funny stories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Funny stories

Wondering if any of you guys have any interesting or funny stories about firearms, or just fun stories in general. Trying to cure my boredom.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-08-2012, 10:42 PM   #2

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I mentioned my marine grandson's ability with an AK47 in another thread, but here is the story behind it.

My son had been given a NIB AK47 & his son wanted to take it to the range. So they cleaned it up & my grandson was in the process of adjusting the sights, shooting a couple of rounds, adjusting, then a few more rounds, etc.

Some loud mouth with a rifle & humongous scope on it started mouthing off about my grandson never being able to get that piece of junk AK to shoot right.

My grandson got down in a prone position & proceeded to shoot out a 4" ragged hole in the bullseye at 100 yards, emptying the mag as fast as he could pull the trigger. The loud mouth just loaded up his stuff & left.

There is a one round per 2 second rule at that range & the range officer came over as to say something, but saw he was wearing a marine T-shirt. Asked him if he was a marine, he said yes & she said "you're okay".

People Like This 
Old 09-09-2012, 01:23 AM   #3

Liked 541 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 2178

Look at the hunting section under a sticky of funny hunting stories, I have added a couple but there are some good ones there!

"Work as if you were to live 100 Years, Pray as if you were to die To-morrow." --Benjamin Franklin

Old 09-09-2012, 06:11 AM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9089 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Not gun related but I was reminded of this story today.

My sister had bought a new house in a nice neighborhood and moved in, at the same time as they bought the house they had also scheduled a trip, so right after moving in they were gone for a couple of weeks and asked me to take care of the dog and water the plants, etc.. now, they had not yet met the one neighbor right next door on the one side, and the first day that I showed up I was driving my old '72 Ford ranch truck. Its pretty beat up, had an exhaust leak, pretty loud and the valve stem seals were leaking pretty bad which caused the truck to smoke like crazy and I had just gotten done with some mowing, so I was pretty dirty. Anyhow, I pull up into the driveway in a cloud of smoke, go inside and take care of things, have a beer, take my time and all watering the plants and doing some gardening (my sister is not much of a gardener and could use the help). The neighbor saw me pull up, and when I left he was standing in his doorway watching me pull away. This went on for a few days, me driving the same beat up old truck and coming by before and after work to walk the dog and all. One day he comes out and asks if I am the new neighbor. For whatever reason I said yes. He was mortified. Anyhow, for whatever reason I kept up the charade until my sister and her family got back.

Funny thing is my sister asked about it and it turns out the neighbor was a real jerk but he was so relieved that I was not actually going to be his neighbor that he treated my sister and her family nicer than he treated the rest of the neighborhood (according to the other neighbors).

I am not sure if I should have been insulted or what!
People Like This 
Old 09-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #5

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Not gun related but I was reminded of this story today.

My sister had bought a new house in a nice neighborhood and moved in, at the same time as they bought the house they had also scheduled a trip, so right after moving in they were gone for a couple of weeks and asked me to take care of the dog and water the plants, etc.. now, they had not yet met the one neighbor right next door on the one side, and the first day that I showed up I was driving my old '72 Ford ranch truck. Its pretty beat up, had an exhaust leak, pretty loud and the valve stem seals were leaking pretty bad which caused the truck to smoke like crazy and I had just gotten done with some mowing, so I was pretty dirty. Anyhow, I pull up into the driveway in a cloud of smoke, go inside and take care of things, have a beer, take my time and all watering the plants and doing some gardening (my sister is not much of a gardener and could use the help). The neighbor saw me pull up, and when I left he was standing in his doorway watching me pull away. This went on for a few days, me driving the same beat up old truck and coming by before and after work to walk the dog and all. One day he comes out and asks if I am the new neighbor. For whatever reason I said yes. He was mortified. Anyhow, for whatever reason I kept up the charade until my sister and her family got back.

Funny thing is my sister asked about it and it turns out the neighbor was a real jerk but he was so relieved that I was not actually going to be his neighbor that he treated my sister and her family nicer than he treated the rest of the neighborhood (according to the other neighbors).

I am not sure if I should have been insulted or what!

I think you should be proud! Sounds like you did your sister a good turn by turning a bad neighbor into a decent one. 'Course that don't mean he won't revert back to his normal ways once he gets used to them

Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9089 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
I think you should be proud! Sounds like you did your sister a good turn by turning a bad neighbor into a decent one. 'Course that don't mean he won't revert back to his normal ways once he gets used to them
Yeah, the guy was always a dick. He would run a stick along the fence to agitate their elderly dog when he thought nobody was in the yard. My BIL was too spineless to say anything about it (great guy, just spineless) but the dog dies a within a year of them moving into the house. They ended up moving out of state after living there for only a year or so, so it was not an issue for long.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 11923 Times on 5156 Posts
Likes Given: 1971

Well, one that has firearm and neighbors......

Long long ago, in a galaxy far, far away..... I was a semi-pro bad guy. When I was still with the US Army, I ran an OPFOR group (opposing forces). Sometimes we would be guerrillas, sometimes another military force.

I was just getting home- they had been building a new house across the cul-de-sac, and we had been expecting our new neighbors.

As I got out of the car, I saw our new neighbor standing in his yard, so I waved to him. His jaw dropped, and he sort of froze there.

And then I realized- I was dressed all in black, with a Kafiyeh on my head, and was carrying an imitation AK-47 (non-firing plastic replica). I put the "rubber ducky" back in the car, pulled off the headdress, and walked over to introduce myself.

He turned out to me a good neighbor, but I can only imagine what was running through his mind when HE got a look at HIS new neighbor!