Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Funny email I got (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/funny-email-i-got-82919/)

Bladerunnerfury 01-30-2013 10:02 PM

Funny email I got

From my dad:

STUDENT WHO OBTAINED 0% ON AN EXAM AND HOW HE DID IT

(Personally, I would have given him 100%)

Q1. In which battle did Napoleon die?
* his last battle

Q2. Where was the Declaration of Independence signed?
* at the bottom of the page

Q3. River Ravi flows in which state?
* liquid

Q4. What is the main reason for divorce?
* marriage

Q5. What is the main reason for failure?
* exams

Q6. What can you never eat for breakfast?
* Lunch & dinner

Q7. What looks like half an apple?
* The other half

Q8. If you throw a red stone into the blue sea what will it become?
* It will simply become wet

Q9. How can a man go eight days without sleeping ?
* No problem, he sleeps at night.

Q10. How can you lift an elephant with one hand?
* You will never find an elephant that has only one hand..

Q11. If you had three apples and four oranges in one hand and four apples and three oranges in other hand, what would you have ?
* Very large hands

Q12. If it took eight men ten hours to build a wall, how long would it take four men to build it?
* No time at all, the wall is already built..

Q13. How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
*Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

jgoertz 01-30-2013 11:39 PM

Some years ago I was told a story by a Professor that taught philosophy and logic. He had been told the story by a colleague, so he decided to try it.

Mid Semester test: one question...

Why?

Most of the students struggled for some time to come up with a logical answer. One student quickly wrote something and turned his paper over. The prof later looked at the paper and gave the student an "A".

The best answer, "Why not".

Actually happened!

Mosin 01-31-2013 12:22 AM

I had to turn in an assignment and one yes took was what happens to an alternator that develops a stator coil short.
I just attached a picture of Barbara Streisand to it, and the teacher gave me full credit.

Mosin 01-31-2013 12:22 AM

Question.... Not yes took. Stupid autocorrect

DrumJunkie 01-31-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgoertz (Post 1117055)
Some years ago I was told a story by a Professor that taught philosophy and logic. He had been told the story by a colleague, so he decided to try it.

Why?

Most of the students struggled for some time to come up with a logical answer. One student quickly wrote something and turned his paper over. The prof later looked at the paper and gave the student an "A".

Actually happened!

I had a psyc class several years ago that everyone was told to read all the questions before answering. The last thing on the paper was to put your name and date on the paper and that was all. then turn it in. People looked at me really strange when I took my paper up in a couple minutes and walked out of the class room. I was the only one in there that didn't answer the rest of the questions. I was also the only one to pass that test....;)

mrm14 01-31-2013 01:45 AM

Actually hapened.

Had a philosophy class in the early 1970's and the professor posed a hypothetical question to the class to see how we would reply.

He set up a scenario stating that a roving gang of bad bikers had kidnapped his wife and kids and told him he would have to have sex with a sheep in front of the whole campus student body or they would kill his family.

So naturally, to save his family, he said he would have sex with the sheep in front of the whole student body.

The question he then posed to the class was:

"After doing this to save my family, how would you, as my students or colleagues, respond to me when I said hello to you as I walked past you on campus?"

Guy in front of me raised his hand and responded "Bahhhhh!!":D

dog2000tj 01-31-2013 02:05 AM

LOL ... that kid is obviously way smarter than that exam could quantify ;)

robocop10mm 01-31-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 1117198)
I had a psyc class several years ago that everyone was told to read all the questions before answering. The last thing on the paper was to put your name and date on the paper and that was all. then turn it in. People looked at me really strange when I took my paper up in a couple minutes and walked out of the class room. I was the only one in there that didn't answer the rest of the questions. I was also the only one to pass that test....;)

I gave that test to a couple of Basic Peace Officer classes I coordinated. Was fun to see the poeple doing the stuff listed in the test. Very few did it right.

ShagNasty1001 01-31-2013 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgoertz

Why?

Actually happened!

My dad told me that once. Said it happened in one of his classes at OU

primer1 01-31-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Been there, done that. Was amazed that no one else got it. :)