Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fun machine guns???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #11
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6959 Times on 4187 Posts
Likes Given: 8370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Definitely the Tommy Gun. It is a classic.

I have always wondered what an Uzi was like to shoot full auto but strangely I have never had a desire to shoot one.
I have shot a Thompson Sub Machine gun. It was an absolute blast and the chance of a lifetime.

I have also shot an Uzi......but not full auto. It was one of the very first guns I shot and it made me look like I knew what I was doing. I loved the ring of the metal targets as I hit them.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #12

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Definitely the Tommy Gun. It is a classic. I would also like to shoot the Dillon Minigun. Not likely that will be available, or if it is I wouldn't be able to afford whatever they charge to shoot it.

I have always wondered what an Uzi was like to shoot full auto but strangely I have never had a desire to shoot one.

A full auto AR/M16 would be cool as would a Mini-14. Just to try it out. I think the Mini-14 would be harder to control than the AR/M16. Let us know how it goes!
Call me old fashioned, but I LOVE the Uzi SMG. Much prefer it to the MP5. Gotta have the original wood stock, though. Not the folder.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-27-2012, 06:45 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8055 Times on 4649 Posts
Likes Given: 10397

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Call me old fashioned, but I LOVE the Uzi SMG. Much prefer it to the MP5. Gotta have the original wood stock, though. Not the folder.
A Lebanese friend of mine said that the Uzi was unimpressive. He had some experience to back it up. I have fired the MP5 in semi-auto. Loved it. In the right configuration it would be a great full-auto firearm.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1816 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I have shot a Thompson Sub Machine gun. It was an absolute blast and the chance of a lifetime.

I have also shot an Uzi......but not full auto. It was one of the very first guns I shot and it made me look like I knew what I was doing. I loved the ring of the metal targets as I hit them.
The Thompson was what I am leaning towards and then we will pick a third jointly. They do have full auto Uzis there.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:48 AM   #15

Liked 153 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Remember the proper definitions here.

An automatic weapon that fires handgun ammo is a SUB-machine gun.

Don't forget to bring your ear plugs.

You'll have a blast.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:13 AM   #16
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8055 Times on 4649 Posts
Likes Given: 10397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoobee View Post
Remember the proper definitions here.

An automatic weapon that fires handgun ammo is a SUB-machine gun.

Don't forget to bring your ear plugs.

You'll have a blast.
Don't believe anybody has violated the "definitions".

A sub-machine gun goes RAT-a-TAT-TAT-TAT.

A machine gun goes BBBBRRRAAAAAPPPPPPP!
Old 05-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #17

Liked 1283 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 308

I used to be associated with a wealthy machine gun collector and class III dealer, and would go shooting, on occasion, with him and his friends. Ammo was not an issue as he provided it all. I shot a lot of machine guns, but the one I really enjoyed the most shot .22 LR. It was easily controlled and shot at some amazing rate of fire. (Sorry, I don't remember what gun it was, it was a long time ago)

I also enjoyed the cheap, but reliable Sten. For a pure testosterone rush, it is hard to beat a Thompson. We all have a bit of gangster in us, and it is fun to let out every now and then. Shooting the .50 cal. is something neat to brag about later, but it was not nearly the fun as a hand-held SMG.

I am glad that I got to get the machine gun thing out of my system. As a working stiff, I could not afford to purchase or feed machine guns. A fun day at the range with one of these types of weapons could easily cost me a months wages.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 05-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #18

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

M249 SAW.
My all time favorite.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #19

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
A Lebanese friend of mine said that the Uzi was unimpressive. He had some experience to back it up. I have fired the MP5 in semi-auto. Loved it. In the right configuration it would be a great full-auto firearm.
I am jaded against the MP5 because of two malfunctions I had. One was in an HK 94 and the other was an MP5A3. But they were identical.

Each time, an empty case failed to eject and dropped down into the action. Both required a full tear down to repair. So I don't trust them. I have many friends who used them on duty and loved them, though.

But I have never had a problem with an Uzi.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 05-27-2012, 05:29 PM   #20

Liked 153 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 50

More vocabulary. I thought about this some more after signing-off from Zombiegirl's thread.

An automatic weapon that is magazine fed and has a selector for semi or fully auto is not a machine gun either, it is an "automatic rifle."

That is because true machine guns are (1) belt fed and (2) continuously fire "automatically."

Machine gun examples in the USA included the 50 calibre machine gun and the M-60 machine gun.

I have fired both, as part of infantry weapons training. And it was a blast, Zombiegirl, especially at night, when you can see the tracer rounds. American tracers are red.

The M-60 fires 308 ammo that is like holding a fire hose when you shoot it.

The 50-cal must be mounted, normally on a vehicle turrent. It is too powerful to hold and shoot offhand.

So make sure you get hold of a "real" machine gun and shoot that. A lot of talk here has been about sub-machine guns and automatic rifles, instead.