Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > fun with a liberal at the gas station

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default fun with a liberal at the gas station

im vacationing at my mothers in florida for a bit and she asked me to run to walmart real fast to grab a few groceries. Just for kicks i decided to take her "fun car". its a 1969 Chevy Camaro Z28 (and im jealous as hell). Anyway, I get up there and its out of gas, so I stop at the walmart gas up. of course the damn gas pump nozzle doesnt have the little handle extension thing that lets it pump without you holding it, and naturally the gas pump pumps slow as mud. So I sit there on the side of the car ignoring everyone's stares. Someone pulls up behind me and gets out and has the same gas pump problem. as we're standing there the guy looks over and calls at me. He asks me a few questions about the car and then asks me if I know just what my car is doing to the atmosphere. i looked at him, wearing sweats (in florida for Christ's sake) and then at his Honda armadillo car, then at his gut then up to the baldspot. Just then the pump clicked and I took it out. Then he notices the NRA sticker and actually freaking says "NRA? so youre a facist too?" I just looked at him and said "what?" blankly. honestly... WHAT? I rolled my eyes, got back in the car and started it up. as i was clicking the seat belt he walked up somewhat close to my drivers side and just stared at me as i drove off.

seriously

What?

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Last edited by WAREAGLE; 10-11-2008 at 06:35 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #2

WAREAGLE you must be younger and more patient than me , I use to be able to ignore them like that but no more .

The last time someone tried to engage me in a "Global Warming" debate I just couldn't stand it anymore .

You see I sat through a I believe a Discovery Channel program on the Dinosaurs awhile back .

Now since the morons all worship at the alter of scientific discovery on global warming they normally feel the same way in regards to earths history .

Scientists now think that a unexplained catastrophic global warming caused the demise of the Dinosaurs and I inform fools of this and ask if they believe it , which they usually do .

I then ask a simple question of them .

If cars and industry are to blame for all of this tell me , Just what kind of car did a T-Rex drive ?

Oddly for some reason I don't think they get it , as I usually leave them standing there with a stupid look on their faces .

Old 10-11-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

WAREAGLE,

Next time, just look em' in the eye and say "eat $hitn' die".

Old 10-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
WAREAGLE,

Next time, just look em' in the eye and say "eat $hitn' die".
Eh Mark,
Did you even go to bed?????

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"We must indeed hang together or assuredly we will all hang seperately."
Ben Franklin

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

Old 10-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Me I would have just pissed on his earth shoes. Finished my fill up and then power braked it a little then drove off. The whole while flipping the guy the bird.

Or I would have said My car may pollute but your Effing UGLY and I can change the motor.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:52 PM   #6

As bloody as I feel right now I think I would have walked right up in his face nose to nose and said " I don't recall giving you permission to address me."

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"We must indeed hang together or assuredly we will all hang seperately."
Ben Franklin

"Those who would make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
John F. Kennedy

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

Old 10-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #7

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The best thing to do is just walk away without saying a word.

People like that are just trying to get attention, because they are failing in other aspects of their lives.

I get the same thing sometimes. Montana is very friendly to the military, but I've gotten confronted many times before because I am military (aka war-monger, killer, war-monger, etc.....).

You did the right thing. Now just go to the shooting range, and pretend his face is on the 10x ring of your target.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #8

haha yeah i actually spent the morning firing off some rounds, and yeah i was thinking about him for a while.

im just glad the car actually started when i was leaving. if i had to of got back out he would of pestered me until i did something im sure. I feel I handled it about as good as I could have. If I had said or done anything it would have just made him feel better about himself.

SGT- people actually call you names for being in the military?!

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

"Rosie O'Donnell blames guns for murders, but nobody blames spoons and forks for Rosie O'Donnell"

Old 10-11-2008, 06:25 PM   #9

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I've had people threaten to kill me before (here in Montana) because I'm in the military. I make it a point not to go to Missoula, Montana, because I've had run-ins with the liberal crowd there, and I wasn't very popular.

It amazing how much flak I get for wearing the uniform. That the reason why I may seem passionate about any military related subjects on this forum.

I also get the salutes for my service (usually from retired members).

I've come to the realization that people like the liberal tree hugger fella in your initial post is just trying to get attention and sound smart and important. It's best to just walk away.

After all, the only thing you have to worry about is living right by God. Everyone else, truthfully doesn't matter in that aspect.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes View Post
Eh Mark,
Did you even go to bed?????
Yeah, I got a minute or two...