Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Fugitive recovery agent (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/fugitive-recovery-agent-99661/)

hq357 10-29-2013 06:46 AM

Fugitive recovery agent

Has anyone here ever thought about becoming a real bounty hunter? I was looking into it and heard it pays good money and helps clean up the streets has anyone here done it? And how was it??

DrumJunkie 10-29-2013 06:52 AM

I used ot know a guy when I lived in Ohio that did that for a living. He didn't talk much about work but did always seem to be a little banged up when he got back in town. He did say the money was good though.

Doc3402 10-29-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hq357 (Post 1416747)
Has anyone here ever thought about becoming a real bounty hunter? I was looking into it and heard it pays good money and helps clean up the streets has anyone here done it? And how was it??

I was talking to a guy at the LGS last week that does that. Says he hates it. He works for the feds on a bounty pay system and he says the paperwork is huge and the pay is always late. The guy used a federal ID to buy a pistol, and he was well known to the shop owner, so I tend to believe he is what he says.

DeltaF 10-29-2013 07:53 AM

I have a friend who loves it.

Doc3402 10-29-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaF (Post 1416768)
I have a friend who loves it.

Listening to this guy I'm sure the actual job was fun for him. I think his complaint was with all the BS associated with the job.

MisterMcCool 10-29-2013 08:40 AM

Any bail bondsman can tell you all about it.

Jstrong 10-29-2013 11:58 AM

I wonder what the legalities of CC with this job are? Kind of like how your in a shady legal area if you CC while working as an Unarmed security guard. If you ever had to use your gun the prosecuted has a pretty good point that you ere the aggressor.

txpossum 10-29-2013 12:09 PM

Lately the profession has become more regulated. I know that in Texas you now have to be a licensed investigator before you can be one. I lost the best bounty hunter I ever had (at one time I was set up to make bonds for my clients) when they changed the law.

John_Deer 10-29-2013 12:56 PM

I wouldn't want to be a bounty hunter. Many police officers are not going to back up a bounty hunter. Don't watch Dog the bounty hunter and think that is all there is to it. You do know those "reality" shows are staged. If you are an adrenaline junkie go to school to become a federal marshal.

MisterMcCool 10-29-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_Deer
Don't watch Dog the bounty hunter and think that is all there is to it. You do know those "reality" shows are staged.

Don't forget that show is filmed in Hawaii. How hard can it be to track a man down on an island? :rolleyes: