Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > FTF Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Default FTF Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle

OK lets design the FTF ZAV.

1. what base vehicle? Trusk SUV, Car, what?

2. Options do we want armored or do we want hatches or even better gun ports. Maybe a bumper with a spring loaded blade that pops up to about 4.5 feet. That way you can just run them down and cut their head off at the same time.

3. Fuel what kind? How much should it carry?

4. Other stuff. Like how many people should it carry...... ect.......

Lets go let see what we come up with. Do we have any artist on here that could draw a concept vehicle?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-26-2010, 08:49 PM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

How about something along the lines of the Oshkosh Sandcat?

sandcat-1.jpg  

Integrity is doing good even when no-one is looking

Originally posted by Skullcrusher: "I believe the fact that you are LEO speaks for itself. When talking about strong women and guns, you are implied in every statement."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Glass is proof that women have control over everything in the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Glass has now achieved "Goddess Status" in my mind. I'm not worthy.....

Last edited by Glasshartt; 12-26-2010 at 08:56 PM.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:40 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2642 Times on 1539 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

An SUV running on biodiesel (so we can use regular diesel to deer bait), with a Dillon Precision toy coming out of the roof. Run a "snowplow" type front end. Painted a no glass black with extra insulation inside so our heartbeats cannot be heard.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-26-2010, 09:41 PM   #4

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
OK lets design the FTF ZAV.

1. what base vehicle? Trusk SUV, Car, what?

I would lean more towards a larger platform - truck, SUV or cargo vehicle. This would allow more room for supplies and people and greater flexibility for modifaction.

2. Options do we want armored or do we want hatches or even better gun ports. Maybe a bumper with a spring loaded blade that pops up to about 4.5 feet. That way you can just run them down and cut their head off at the same time.

I'm not sure you would need all that much armor, maybe more in the lines of reinforcement. Unless the zombies develop tactics or have the ability to use weaponry than armor will probably not be necessary. As few hatches as possible to minimize the chance of getting contamination inside. As for bumpers I would go with a reverse cow pusher set up, let them get pushed down under the vehicle and crushed.

3. Fuel what kind? How much should it carry?

Diesel. Because when the SHTF and civilization collapses it is far easier to make diesel than anything else. As for how much, 2 tanks worth - because 1 is none and 2 is 1.

4. Other stuff. Like how many people should it carry...... ect.......

That depends. In a SHTF scenario in all honesty not too many of my immediate family will be very helpful. Most would have trouble surviving a 3 day weekend in the woods let alone a collapse of civilization. I would think in order to survive you would want to team up with others that have abilities or skills that could be useful

Lets go let see what we come up with. Do we have any artist on here that could draw a concept vehicle?
I'm not sure what would be better, tracks or wheels. Tracks have the advantage of traversing rougher terrain easier but wheels require less maintenance and are more readily available. My thinking would be a vehicle that is durable and requires as little maintenance as possible.

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It comes in stainless!

Old 12-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I think a large SUV like a Suburban can work. Although I kind of really want a Halftrack.

Doors are probably fine. It needs bullet resistant glass, to be diesel powered and have run flat tires. I also like the Dillon accessory suggestion.

Although, I really want a Halftrack.

with a Ma Deuce

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-26-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5271 Times on 2748 Posts
Likes Given: 333

already got one. its black four legs eats hay and grass and can pull a cart, wagon or plow.

it does get upset and kick if you try to put diesel in its fill cap.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-26-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:00 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'll use my jeep untill I come accross one of these.

Should work nicely.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:19 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well to be honest it depends on what you are goin to be doin. Im building my Cj-5 as my G.O.O.D (get out of diego or dodge)/scout vehicle. just need a few thousand more for the diesel swap and ill be good to go. I know what your thinkin. It has no doors. well all it takes is a stop at the local home depot or ace and some chain link fence and plastic nothin is gonna get in. But for a resupply/attack truck id have to go with somethin a lil bigger like my Bronco or a Tahoe or something similar with a lil more room.

"Which is heavier a soldiers pack or a slaves chains" Napoleon
"We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."Thomas Jefferson
"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity
"No combat-ready unit ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit ever passed combat."

Old 12-26-2010, 11:22 PM   #10

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Think to all the zombie movies. What are the two things that get people killed in a vehicle? Doors and Hatches. I think One hatch in the room max. I want at least 200 gals of fuel. I am thinking room for at least 6 people. Max of 3 in there and room for three peoples worth of ammo and supplies.

I think Wheels with a set of Mattracks in a trailer loaded with more survival stuff.