Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   FTF Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ftf-zombie-apocalypse-vehicle-36046/)

cpttango30 12-26-2010 08:48 PM

FTF Zombie Apocalypse Vehicle

OK lets design the FTF ZAV.

1. what base vehicle? Trusk SUV, Car, what?

2. Options do we want armored or do we want hatches or even better gun ports. Maybe a bumper with a spring loaded blade that pops up to about 4.5 feet. That way you can just run them down and cut their head off at the same time.

3. Fuel what kind? How much should it carry?

4. Other stuff. Like how many people should it carry...... ect.......

Lets go let see what we come up with. Do we have any artist on here that could draw a concept vehicle?

Glasshartt 12-26-2010 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
How about something along the lines of the Oshkosh Sandcat?

danf_fl 12-26-2010 09:40 PM

An SUV running on biodiesel (so we can use regular diesel to deer bait), with a Dillon Precision toy coming out of the roof. Run a "snowplow" type front end. Painted a no glass black with extra insulation inside so our heartbeats cannot be heard.

dog2000tj 12-26-2010 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 409604)
OK lets design the FTF ZAV.

1. what base vehicle? Trusk SUV, Car, what?

I would lean more towards a larger platform - truck, SUV or cargo vehicle. This would allow more room for supplies and people and greater flexibility for modifaction.

2. Options do we want armored or do we want hatches or even better gun ports. Maybe a bumper with a spring loaded blade that pops up to about 4.5 feet. That way you can just run them down and cut their head off at the same time.

I'm not sure you would need all that much armor, maybe more in the lines of reinforcement. Unless the zombies develop tactics or have the ability to use weaponry than armor will probably not be necessary. As few hatches as possible to minimize the chance of getting contamination inside. As for bumpers I would go with a reverse cow pusher set up, let them get pushed down under the vehicle and crushed.

3. Fuel what kind? How much should it carry?

Diesel. Because when the SHTF and civilization collapses it is far easier to make diesel than anything else. As for how much, 2 tanks worth - because 1 is none and 2 is 1.

4. Other stuff. Like how many people should it carry...... ect.......

That depends. In a SHTF scenario in all honesty not too many of my immediate family will be very helpful. Most would have trouble surviving a 3 day weekend in the woods let alone a collapse of civilization. I would think in order to survive you would want to team up with others that have abilities or skills that could be useful

Lets go let see what we come up with. Do we have any artist on here that could draw a concept vehicle?

I'm not sure what would be better, tracks or wheels. Tracks have the advantage of traversing rougher terrain easier but wheels require less maintenance and are more readily available. My thinking would be a vehicle that is durable and requires as little maintenance as possible.

lonyaeger 12-26-2010 10:01 PM

It comes in stainless!
http://theselvedgeyard.files.wordpre...chure3_811.jpg

CA357 12-26-2010 10:01 PM

I think a large SUV like a Suburban can work. Although I kind of really want a Halftrack. ;)

Doors are probably fine. It needs bullet resistant glass, to be diesel powered and have run flat tires. I also like the Dillon accessory suggestion.

Although, I really want a Halftrack. ;)

with a Ma Deuce

JonM 12-26-2010 10:57 PM

already got one. its black four legs eats hay and grass and can pull a cart, wagon or plow.

it does get upset and kick if you try to put diesel in its fill cap.

Morgo 12-26-2010 11:00 PM

I'll use my jeep untill I come accross one of these.

http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...hmaster_lg.jpg

Should work nicely.

mach1337 12-26-2010 11:19 PM

Well to be honest it depends on what you are goin to be doin. Im building my Cj-5 as my G.O.O.D (get out of diego or dodge)/scout vehicle. just need a few thousand more for the diesel swap and ill be good to go. I know what your thinkin. It has no doors. well all it takes is a stop at the local home depot or ace and some chain link fence and plastic nothin is gonna get in. But for a resupply/attack truck id have to go with somethin a lil bigger like my Bronco or a Tahoe or something similar with a lil more room.

cpttango30 12-26-2010 11:22 PM

Think to all the zombie movies. What are the two things that get people killed in a vehicle? Doors and Hatches. I think One hatch in the room max. I want at least 200 gals of fuel. I am thinking room for at least 6 people. Max of 3 in there and room for three peoples worth of ammo and supplies.

I think Wheels with a set of Mattracks in a trailer loaded with more survival stuff.