Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   FTF reading class (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ftf-reading-class-72617/)

Fathead00 09-17-2012 07:18 PM

FTF reading class

I think we should start a reading class for the FTF. This class will be for people that don't read the title of a thread, the OP, and sometimes the post you are responding on. I know sometimes in the heat of the moment you just type something. The most common threads people do not read before posting are 1911, Hi Point, anything political, and the #1 thread people usually do not read in is anything that has the word GLOCK in it. You put any of these threads up and most of the time people will read and just post what they want. Here's an example, if someone ask "Which GLOCK do you prefer out of the G17 or G22?". Don't answer and say I would buy a 1911 or a M&P. Did they ask for some other brand, NO. I know most of us have a brain in here, so can we atleast try to use the part that lets you understand what you are reading. I'm looking forward for any suggestions on how to start a class. Thanks!!!;)

winds-of-change 09-17-2012 07:36 PM

I agree. Reading comprehension seems to be lacking at times. :cool:

Vincine 09-17-2012 08:12 PM

I had a red one once, but then the wheel fell off and my father couldn't fix it. So we got a new one.

Dillinger 09-17-2012 08:15 PM

You do realize that what you are actually attempting to do, through some self indulgent exercise, is stop sarcasm and opinions on the interwebz??

Good luck with that one - I do believe it's been tried on every single website since inception. :rolleyes:

danf_fl 09-17-2012 08:27 PM

I would like to see more to a title than "1911" or "Glock" or "Hi-Point any good".

Something like "Sight on my Springfield 1911 fell off." for example.

But if I say "Ford or Chevy", as OP, I should expect personal opinion (and others to add "Dodge").

ineverFTF 09-17-2012 08:36 PM

I think glocks are just the best ever. Just my humble opion.

ineverFTF 09-17-2012 08:37 PM

Oops i didn't read the title, or even the op. i am so silly :o

Fathead00 09-17-2012 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger
You do realize that what you are actually attempting to do, through some self indulgent exercise, is stop sarcasm and opinions on the interwebz??

Good luck with that one - I do believe it's been tried on every single website since inception. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm doesn't bother me, it's the stupidity more so. Which as you can see has shown up already!;)

ineverFTF 09-17-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00

Sarcasm doesn't bother me, it's the stupidity more so. Which as you can see has shown up already!;)

I try to make every thread as sociologically and culturally diverse as possible :D

ineverFTF 09-17-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fathead00

Damn double post, disregard.