FTF Pumpkin Chunker?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > FTF Pumpkin Chunker?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Default FTF Pumpkin Chunker?

OK So We got plenty of ability I think we need to build a team and we need to build a pumpkin cannon.

Spitty and brian your on machine work.
Skully your on welding.
We need 3 workers
We need 2 engineers mechanical and electrical
NGIB your on material procurement.
Benning your on entertainment (You have to wear a Jesters outfit)
Joe your on plumbing.
Robo your team leader (Only if you will wear a viking Helmet)
Scubie and Glass you are on security and crowd control.
WOC, RSG, and one other Your on moral control.
Jester is on images (Photo and video)

We need someone to grow and develop our special breed of super tough pumpkins.

What say you guys could be do this in a year? We need funding where can we get that. Maybe sell ad space on the cannon? Run auctions on FTF.

Anyone got a class A license? We need a Truck and a Trailer. I would prefer a trailer that could be covered as to sell ad space to firearms companies. What if we offered to make ours look like an AR-15 and get DPMS or RRA or LMT something like that to sponsor us.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #2

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Hot damn Tango I think you may be on to something! A pumkin chuckin AR mounted on a Winnebago? Does anybody know what the reg's on a full auto pumpkin AR? Would we need a tax stamp for a suppressor? What about high cap mags, or should we go with a belt fed model?

I like this idea a lot. I think with the talented folks here on FTF we could pull something like this off

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 11-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1886 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Default Punkin Chunkin!!

I'll do a little Research on the type used on the Show by the winning team. The small hard Pumpkins held up under pressure and didn't vaporize inside the Barrel and or exiting. I planned on planting edible ones in the spring. Post your caliber size and I'll find the Punkin to match.

Old 11-25-2010, 03:25 PM   #4

Liked 89 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I would love to be in on that build, except I'm too far away.

Jim.......

Old 11-25-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'd be happy to help build one. Anyone have any thoughts on an air powered thrower? Compressed air in cylinders can create a lot of engery.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 11-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

It's a great idea Tango. I don't know if the enthusiasm level will maintain long enough to actually do it, but it's a great idea. It sure conjures up some cool images.

I will be watching this years competition tonight.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7119 Times on 4285 Posts
Likes Given: 8653

Wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE, WAIT A MINUTE...........

Tango, you know I luv ya, but, there is either a typo or you have given RSG and I an impossible task. If you meant RSG and I should be on morale control, I will gladly take on the job. Though I'm pretty damn sure RSG could raise the morale of the team way better than I can. Or........RSG can be the eye candy, I'll be the gramma baking cookies and grilling the 'burgers behind the scenes. Beer and other 'mind altering' beverages will only be served after all the work is done each day if I'm in charge of the kitchen. Lemonade, pop and water will flow freely throughout the building day, though.

Now, if you meant what you truly typed.......I don't think RSG and I could be moral control of a group such as you put together. How can we be assigned moral control of a group who might possibly have no morals at all? Hmm? How can we do that? Hmmm? Could someone please explain? Read those questions in your best Stewie voice from Family Guy

And here's one other thing. I am going to demand payment. Since I am so new to guns, having shot some rifles less than a year ago that got me hooked on wanting to own a gun and owning my own only since, maybe, August, I have never had the joy yet I have a very strong dream and desire to shoot either a pumpkin and/or a watermelon and have yet to find somewhere for me to fulfill that dream and desire. So, I'm going to demand about 3 of those homegrown pumpkins of Wills to take off somewhere so Maggie (my GP100) and I can have a little fun. I'm sure if we have access to property that will let us build a punkin chucker I am guessing there will be somewhere for me to shoot a couple punkins. I mean, it's been fun killing some paper at the pistol range but Maggie and I thirst for bigger prey.

Now, I must say I have a little experience in building weapons that shoot vegetables as I was directly involved about 10 years ago with assisting the man down the street when he helped his son and my son build potato guns out of PVC pipes. A great time was had by all. Except for the neighbor man's wife (who happens to be a very good friend of mine) who kept exclaiming the boys were going to blow themselves up.

Whaddya say? Am I still in? Or are you all rolling your eyes and saying, "Let's leave WOC out since I think she's going to hire a lawyer and write up a contract"?

Old 11-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1886 Times on 1343 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Default Moral Booster!!!!

Hell WOC. After that Post you are more than Qualified for the job. Except the part of no drinking on the Job. My best work was after I put away at least a six pack! Any one want to donate the air compresser to launch these Punkins.

Old 11-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Nah, you're in Winds, just don't overthink it. After all, this is the FTF where spontaneity and insanity reign supreme.

...and btw, Cane's an engineer.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-25-2010, 06:01 PM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I'm in but don't rely on my welding. Bear can do his share as well. We don't need no stinking engineers *snicker*. Sorry, Cane, we do need your input.

I believe that on Discovery Channel tonight at 8pm est there is the Punkin Chunkin competition. The pneumatic ones use tremendous pressures in a reserve tank. The mechanical ones are trebuchets and huge. It can be done but who is gonna be the financier? JD maybe, NGIB?

Tango, we might as well put some drive train to it so you can drive it into position and down Main Street.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!