FTF Mobile Chat - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > FTF Mobile Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
... What he said.

Relax, bud. Nobody is trying to subvert the forum or infringe upon it's copyrights. I promise.
That's not the issue. Chat rooms have been constant issues and breeding grounds for discontent with other members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I don't think that's what he was getting at. IIRC, the mobile chat ended up being part of a very big problem. Some of the older members know more about it than I do, but from what I've heard, we do NOT want to go down that road again.

Now, if we can avoid that road, the mobile chat sounds like a great idea.
No we don't. It took some time for everything to get back to a positive attitude and I don't want a return to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Long story short, a few different cliques were formed, it became member vs member, and there was a falling out. The chat didn't cause this, but it ended up being part of it.

I never saw any of this first hand (I join either towards the end of this, or after it), but I was told this by a few people who did see it.
You nailed, they then used to the forum to launch attacks on one another, but those days are gone and those members have thankfully moved on. There was a time when the mods and I where dealing with supporting member issues multiple times a day based on chat room interactions we could not moderate.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #12

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
That's not the issue. Chat rooms have been constant issues and breeding grounds for discontent with other members.

No we don't. It took some time for everything to get back to a positive attitude and I don't want a return to that.

You nailed, they then used to the forum to launch attacks on one another, but those days are gone and those members have thankfully moved on. There was a time when the mods and I where dealing with supporting member issues multiple times a day based on chat room interactions we could not moderate.
I'm pretty certain that wasn't our chat. I think maybe you're thinking of the IRC chat.
Ours, like Buckhuntr said, has always just been a handful of us BSing about our days and sending each other pics.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #13
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 698 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I'm certain it wasn't, which is why this thread remains. I would have happily quickly removed the other chats had they been coming back up, it was that bad. As a consequence I do not want any chats affiliated with the site, and made that point known in my post.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.