Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > FTF Mobile Chat

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default FTF Mobile Chat

About 2 1/2 years ago a member started a Blackberry Messenger Group for FTF users and we got a pretty good response.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/blackberry-users-30324/
Since the decline of RIM the group has switched to the Whatsapp Messaging App which, frankly, is much better.
The group is still going strong and a great way to make sure you aren't too productive at work! If anyone is interested in checking it out, let me know and we'll get you added to the conversation!

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 697 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 729

I want it clear that this has no official affiliation with the site, and is a group started and ran by members, not myself.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
I want it clear that this has no official affiliation with the site, and is a group started and ran by members, not myself.
... What he said.

Relax, bud. Nobody is trying to subvert the forum or infringe upon it's copyrights. I promise.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 05-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6558 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
... What he said.

Relax, bud. Nobody is trying to subvert the forum or infringe upon it's copyrights. I promise.
I don't think that's what he was getting at. IIRC, the mobile chat ended up being part of a very big problem. Some of the older members know more about it than I do, but from what I've heard, we do NOT want to go down that road again.

Now, if we can avoid that road, the mobile chat sounds like a great idea.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2720 Times on 1870 Posts
Likes Given: 542

I might have that app somewhere! I know i'd enjoy msging. with most of you if not all,..let me know what i need to do to be added..

"Forget about your troubles folks, It's all about Good Rock & Roll, Frying Tires, and Football…" Coach Jerry Glanville

“We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why even be here?”
—Steve Jobs

"Hooah! it's an Army Thing"

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
— Winston S. Churchill

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 05-23-2013, 09:01 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I don't think that's what he was getting at. IIRC, the mobile chat ended up being part of a very big problem. Some of the older members know more about it than I do, but from what I've heard, we do NOT want to go down that road again.

Now, if we can avoid that road, the mobile chat sounds like a great idea.
If that's the case then I missed something entirely. I've been a chat member since day 1 and I had no idea there was any friction.
What happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I might have that app somewhere! I know i'd enjoy msging. with most of you if not all,..let me know what i need to do to be added..

"Forget about your troubles folks, It's all about Good Rock & Roll, Frying Tires, and Football…" Coach Jerry Glanville

“We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why even be here?”
—Steve Jobs

"Hooah! it's an Army Thing"

"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
— Winston S. Churchill
Doc, just PM me your phone number and I'll get you added.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #7

Liked 680 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 1668

Must be talking about some other nefarious chat group. Only ever been but a handfull of us folks in the one TheDaggle is talking about.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
If that's the case then I missed something entirely. I've been a chat member since day 1 and I had no idea there was any friction.
What happened?
Long story short, a few different cliques were formed, it became member vs member, and there was a falling out. The chat didn't cause this, but it ended up being part of it.

I never saw any of this first hand (I join either towards the end of this, or after it), but I was told this by a few people who did see it.

Old 05-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Must be talking about some other nefarious chat group. Only ever been but a handfull of us folks in the one TheDaggle is talking about.
That's possible. I don't know what chat group it was. I just know it was a chat group that several members here used.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:05 AM   #10
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2720 Times on 1870 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

That's possible. I don't know what chat group it was. I just know it was a chat group that several members here used.
Hey TEX! welcome Home SFC from a CWO!....

Joined the Chat a few hrs ago and in my experience thus far nothing but good solid folk. Then again I did Marry my 1st wife,..so it's not like I was never wrong before!

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*