Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   FTF Mobile Chat (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ftf-mobile-chat-91140/)

TheDaggle 05-23-2013 01:12 PM

FTF Mobile Chat
 
About 2 1/2 years ago a member started a Blackberry Messenger Group for FTF users and we got a pretty good response.
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/blackberry-users-30324/
Since the decline of RIM the group has switched to the Whatsapp Messaging App which, frankly, is much better.
The group is still going strong and a great way to make sure you aren't too productive at work! If anyone is interested in checking it out, let me know and we'll get you added to the conversation!

notdku 05-23-2013 01:26 PM

I want it clear that this has no official affiliation with the site, and is a group started and ran by members, not myself.

TheDaggle 05-23-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notdku (Post 1255715)
I want it clear that this has no official affiliation with the site, and is a group started and ran by members, not myself.

... What he said.

Relax, bud. Nobody is trying to subvert the forum or infringe upon it's copyrights. I promise.

texaswoodworker 05-23-2013 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaggle (Post 1255772)
... What he said.

Relax, bud. Nobody is trying to subvert the forum or infringe upon it's copyrights. I promise.

I don't think that's what he was getting at. IIRC, the mobile chat ended up being part of a very big problem. Some of the older members know more about it than I do, but from what I've heard, we do NOT want to go down that road again.

Now, if we can avoid that road, the mobile chat sounds like a great idea.

DrFootball 05-23-2013 08:23 PM

I might have that app somewhere! I know i'd enjoy msging. with most of you if not all,..let me know what i need to do to be added..

"Forget about your troubles folks, It's all about Good Rock & Roll, Frying Tires, and Football…" Coach Jerry Glanville

“We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why even be here?”
—Steve Jobs

"Hooah! it's an Army Thing"


"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
— Winston S. Churchill

TheDaggle 05-23-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker (Post 1256008)
I don't think that's what he was getting at. IIRC, the mobile chat ended up being part of a very big problem. Some of the older members know more about it than I do, but from what I've heard, we do NOT want to go down that road again.

Now, if we can avoid that road, the mobile chat sounds like a great idea.

If that's the case then I missed something entirely. I've been a chat member since day 1 and I had no idea there was any friction.
What happened?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFootball (Post 1256013)
I might have that app somewhere! I know i'd enjoy msging. with most of you if not all,..let me know what i need to do to be added..

"Forget about your troubles folks, It's all about Good Rock & Roll, Frying Tires, and Football…" Coach Jerry Glanville

“We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise why even be here?”
—Steve Jobs

"Hooah! it's an Army Thing"


"We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us."
— Winston S. Churchill

Doc, just PM me your phone number and I'll get you added.

buckhuntr 05-23-2013 09:25 PM

Must be talking about some other nefarious chat group. Only ever been but a handfull of us folks in the one TheDaggle is talking about.

texaswoodworker 05-23-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaggle (Post 1256032)
If that's the case then I missed something entirely. I've been a chat member since day 1 and I had no idea there was any friction.
What happened?

Long story short, a few different cliques were formed, it became member vs member, and there was a falling out. The chat didn't cause this, but it ended up being part of it.

I never saw any of this first hand (I join either towards the end of this, or after it), but I was told this by a few people who did see it.

texaswoodworker 05-23-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckhuntr (Post 1256060)
Must be talking about some other nefarious chat group. Only ever been but a handfull of us folks in the one TheDaggle is talking about.

That's possible. I don't know what chat group it was. I just know it was a chat group that several members here used.

DrFootball 05-24-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

That's possible. I don't know what chat group it was. I just know it was a chat group that several members here used.

Hey TEX! welcome Home SFC from a CWO!....

Joined the Chat a few hrs ago and in my experience thus far nothing but good solid folk. Then again I did Marry my 1st wife,..so it's not like I was never wrong before!


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.