Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > FTF Mini Meet, Sacramento

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Default FTF Mini Meet, Sacramento

Today, the Daggle, mrm14 and myself met up at the range for some rifle and handgun shooting. The Daggle brought his AR that he built and his P226 .40 S&W. mrm14 brought his Remington .300 Win Mag and a sweet M1A as well as his Model 629. I brought my Eddystone, my Mini 14, my 10/22 with the StalkingBear trigger job, my GP100 and my Sistema 1911.

The trigger on mrm14's Remington gives new meaning to light. 1.3lbs. light. Breathe on it and it fires. It's just beautiful to shoot and he has a serious piece of glass on it, but the name escapes me right now. mrm14 is a thousand yard shootin' kind of guy.

Daggle's AR is quite a nice rifle and that's saying something as I'm not an AR guy.

The scope on my 10/22 kept coming loose and it's will get a dose of Locktite after it's cleaned. My Eddystone just plugged along. My Mini never even made it out of the case, we were so busy enjoying ourselves.

After we all tried out the different rifles, we headed to the pistol range.

mrm14's 629 was sweet to shoot and a touch of nostalgia for me. I really miss mine.
The Daggle has his Sig dialed and is a pretty good handgunner. We all shot my 1911 a bit and my GP100 a little too.

I have to tighten my trigger up a bit there's too much take up since it was refinished an reassembled. Nothing a minute with an Allen wrench won't fix.

At that point, it was well into the afternoon, so we headed into Rancho Murietta for some Mexican food. After a nice meal, we headed out and hope to have another get together next month.

So, if you are remotely close, PM me and we'll figure something out.

Since pics are necessary or it didn't happen, I present you the Sacramento FTF Mini Meet attendees. From left to right: mrm14, The Daggle, CA357

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #2

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

You DO look like Carson....

Old 08-02-2010, 12:46 AM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

The Daggle looks like he is quite tall.

Excellent news. I am loving hearing about these small get togethers. This is really great news for the forum.

Thanks for the pics and write up CA.

JD

Old 08-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

There's a group!! What are you guys doing in September?

People get the government they deserve.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:37 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I don't know if The Daggle will be up, but mrm14 and I both belong to the range and shoot there frequently. I think he's busy the first and third weekends with matches and/or classes. But it's really just getting together for some shooting and probably some lunch. Just fun.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-02-2010, 05:22 AM   #6

Liked 293 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I don't know if The Daggle will be up, but mrm14 and I both belong to the range and shoot there frequently. I think he's busy the first and third weekends with matches and/or classes. But it's really just getting together for some shooting and probably some lunch. Just fun.
Great Day at the range with CA357 and The Daggle. CA357's 1917 Eddystone and the Dagles AR are sweet. Stalkingbears trigger job on CA357's 10/22 is awsome. Was the first time I've had the 629 "Hog Leg" out since 2002.

Again; All in all a great day.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:28 AM   #7

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Sounds like you boys had some fun. weather here hasn't been the best for shooting. Too bad because I have 200 rounds for the mini, 300 for the XD 40 and 700 for the Walther P22 and they are screaming my name.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:44 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Just got back on after being virtually web-less while up there.
Tons of fun! Grateful for the opportunity to shoot some fun guns and meet a couple of great guys!
It was my first time at a real range, so I spent a considerable portion of my time getting chastised by the range staff over the intercom ( *-behind the yellow line, please...-* ), but CA and mrm14 were patient with me
mrm14's 300 win. mag was one helluva piece of engineering, the first time he shot it I was 15 feet away with my back turned and I felt the breeze on my neck and legs from the beast! CA's Sistema has reinforced my desire to make a 1911 my next buy . It was great to meet some fellow FTFers, I think I'd like to make a habit of this...

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 08-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

C'mon back up.