Friday-Fish-Fry.....

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Friday-Fish-Fry.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Default Friday-Fish-Fry.....

I just had the best Cod-Fish Plate with cole-slaw and fries....The BFW-Post was packed with people who are no eating meat for the next few weeks....Do you eat meat on Lent ???...or how-ever you spell-it.........

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2012, 07:24 PM   #2

Sounds good! I used to observe Lent and the other liturgical seasons but stopped quite a few years ago for several reasons: (1) it reminded me of my ex-wife ('nuff said on THAT subject) and (2) the more I dug into the politics of the national organization of the church I attended, the more I saw how hypocritical they are.

For the record, that's just me and my opinion. YMMV and it you get something out of observing Lent then go for it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

Old 02-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Only meat i ever eat is some sushi occaisionally and maybe an oyster po-boy every now and then; does that count?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #4

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

That BFW-Hall or Post was so packed with people you would of thought they where giving-away free fish or something...I go to eat fish there every friday and today was packed like I never seen-it before....The cod-fish was great......

Old 02-25-2012, 01:11 AM   #5

Liked 742 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charyoutree View Post
Sounds good! I used to observe Lent and the other liturgical seasons but stopped quite a few years ago for several reasons: (1) it reminded me of my ex-wife ('nuff said on THAT subject) and (2) the more I dug into the politics of the national organization of the church I attended, the more I saw how hypocritical they are.

For the record, that's just me and my opinion. YMMV and it you get something out of observing Lent then go for it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)
Was she a REDHEAD, i hear they're x-tra spicy.... if you get some on you, do you roll around in the grass LOL...

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 02-25-2012, 01:28 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wish they did that where I live

Old 02-25-2012, 04:08 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by NvRbanArms View Post
Wish they did that where I live
FYI, for the lent observers, McAllisters has a special Lent menu with their veggie stuff.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1216 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I just had the best Cod-Fish Plate with cole-slaw and fries....The BFW-Post was packed with people who are no eating meat for the next few weeks....Do you eat meat on Lent ???...or how-ever you spell-it.........
Given that I was raised Presbyterian and we raised beef cattle and always had a freezer full of it, my family did not give up meat for Lent.

Up here in WI, I generally opt for haddock versus cod.