Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Friday-Fish-Fry..... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/friday-fish-fry-58680/)

LONGHAIR 02-24-2012 06:20 PM

Friday-Fish-Fry.....

I just had the best Cod-Fish Plate with cole-slaw and fries....The BFW-Post was packed with people who are no eating meat for the next few weeks....Do you eat meat on Lent ???...or how-ever you spell-it.....:confused:....

Charyoutree 02-24-2012 07:24 PM

Sounds good! I used to observe Lent and the other liturgical seasons but stopped quite a few years ago for several reasons: (1) it reminded me of my ex-wife ('nuff said on THAT subject) and (2) the more I dug into the politics of the national organization of the church I attended, the more I saw how hypocritical they are.

For the record, that's just me and my opinion. YMMV and it you get something out of observing Lent then go for it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

orangello 02-24-2012 07:42 PM

Only meat i ever eat is some sushi occaisionally and maybe an oyster po-boy every now and then; does that count?
;)

LONGHAIR 02-24-2012 09:59 PM

That BFW-Hall or Post was so packed with people you would of thought they where giving-away free fish or something...I go to eat fish there every friday and today was packed like I never seen-it before....The cod-fish was great....:)..

readygirl 02-25-2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charyoutree (Post 719155)
Sounds good! I used to observe Lent and the other liturgical seasons but stopped quite a few years ago for several reasons: (1) it reminded me of my ex-wife ('nuff said on THAT subject) and (2) the more I dug into the politics of the national organization of the church I attended, the more I saw how hypocritical they are.

For the record, that's just me and my opinion. YMMV and it you get something out of observing Lent then go for it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (Who watches the watchers?) --"Satires", Juvenal (Roman poet)

Was she a REDHEAD, i hear they're x-tra spicy.... if you get some on you, do you roll around in the grass LOL...

NvRbanArms 02-25-2012 01:28 AM

Wish they did that where I live

orangello 02-25-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NvRbanArms (Post 719478)
Wish they did that where I live

FYI, for the lent observers, McAllisters has a special Lent menu with their veggie stuff.

Gatoragn 02-25-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 719095)
I just had the best Cod-Fish Plate with cole-slaw and fries....The BFW-Post was packed with people who are no eating meat for the next few weeks....Do you eat meat on Lent ???...or how-ever you spell-it.....:confused:....

Given that I was raised Presbyterian and we raised beef cattle and always had a freezer full of it, my family did not give up meat for Lent.

Up here in WI, I generally opt for haddock versus cod.