Fricken-heat wave.....
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fricken-heat wave.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 130 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Default Fricken-heat wave.....

Man,I'm this ..HEAT-WAVE ...here in the Mid-West is killing me...Every day,day in and day out....I've been working out-side digging ditches,by hand...They can't get into the space along the Apartment Complexce with a Ditch-Witch or a Vacho...Sunday went to the ..U-2..Concert at Busch Stadium,..WOW..was it HOT and Saturday night went to the Kid-Rock Concert,again so Fricken-hot and for a little cup of ice(about four cubes) and water was like $6.00 Dollars...I'm just tiered of sweating,and paying prices that are STUPID...All around me I see people paying for beer after beer,and I think to myself,guess the economy is doing better then they say,people are just lined-up at the beer stand like there's no tomorrow...Ted Nugent is Tuesday-night at Pop's,and atleast it's inside,but that don't change the STUPID prices....All I can say is get ready EAST-COAST It's coming your way...and it SUCKS !!!......

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #2

Im just gonna head down to the river or the pond and drink my cheap beer and soak. Bring it on!!
I like sitting down at the river because I can drink my beers, line the cans up on the other side and shoot at them with the stainless 10/22 from the tractor tube. It's kinda like a redneck resort.
"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American...(T)he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people." (Tench Coxe, Freeman's Journal, 20 Feb 1778)

Old 07-18-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 241 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I feel you bro! I spent all day today ripping and laying a roof and have to go back aout tomarrow morning and do the other half! Its way to frikkin hot for that crap!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Old 07-19-2011, 02:03 AM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hey Longhair, not bad down here in Tennessee, in the mid nineties everyday with 107% relative humidity. I stay well hydrated working outside guzzling Busch beer. Recently moved down here from 38 years in Cahokia, IL. to escape the heat from St. Louis

Old 07-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #5
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8512 Times on 5089 Posts
Likes Given: 11147

I'm in Northern Illinois. Yes, it's HOT!! I rarely turn on my air conditioning (I'm cheap) but it's certainly been on these last few days. I have a cushy job but my son works at a horticultural nursery and he is outside all day long doing some hard, physical labor. I feel bad for him..........and for all you guys who work outside in the day.

"Well, it's a hot one, like 7 seconds from the midday sun..........."

Old 07-19-2011, 02:17 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I bet my 12 hour shift in today outside. Im about 15 mins from Saint Louis and man it was a rough day, but got to make money.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:27 AM   #7

Liked 874 Times on 562 Posts
Likes Given: 1005

At least your not in Arizona....

Old 07-19-2011, 02:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
At least your not in Arizona....
nice and cool today, hit 99 and humidity was 65%, but we had a nice breeze.

Just what does a yankee consider hot weather to be????LOL

Old 07-19-2011, 03:00 AM   #9

Moved furniture for ten hours today. Oh did I mention I live in Mesa ARIZONA! 110 with apron 15-20 percent humidity.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:45 AM   #10
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
Man,I'm this ..HEAT-WAVE ...here in the Mid-West is killing me...Every day,day in and day out....I've been working out-side digging ditches,by hand...They can't get into the space along the Apartment Complexce with a Ditch-Witch or a Vacho...
Getting a little hot under that hair?

Then get a haircut you hippy!

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA