Free sites
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Free sites

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Free sites

I found an old 410 of my fathers. It's a Springfield, J Stevens arms Chicopee falls Mass. and have the serial number (E29265)
I'm looking for a free site to age the gun and find out it's worth.

Can anyone help?

Jake
tjake01@yahoo.com

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9569 Times on 4118 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Well, you are at one of those sites right now.

Savage Arms acquired J. Stevens Arms & Tool Company in the early 1920s. You can find the same model gun at times wearing the name Stevens, Savage, or Springfield (trade name used by Savage). At one time, Savage was the largest gun maker in this country.

There were dozens of different models- hell, I have 3 different Savage/ Stevens .410s in the safe!

Post some good, in focus, well lighted pictures here (probably not from a phone) and post all of the markings. We probably cannot tell you the year, but can get you the years that model was made.

And as we say in the South, where ARE my manners? Welcome to the forum- good folks here- sometimes a bit goofy, but good people. When you have a minute, stop by the intro thread, and tell us a bit about yourself.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Last edited by c3shooter; 02-05-2012 at 05:55 PM.