Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Free 500$ time to buy a new gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
I went to the local gun store and checked out a few pistols. the AK store will be later this week.

I really liked the sig sauer. I checked out the 9mm but i am also open to a .40. I wouldn't mind a .45 but i dont think they make the polymer sig in .45. Whats your take on a .40 fullsize sig sauer as my primary home defense pistol?

The salesman showed me some F&N pistols which i thought were pretty nice although I liked the sig more.

First off, congratulations on your studies, rooster. Well done

OK I'm extremely biased, but it's gotta be an AK

Just because you CAN! (ya lucky bastard lol)

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 01-11-2010, 11:54 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobpissypants View Post
Several polys avail. 2022,2009, 239, 250 (not sure about 250). Go to Bud's gun sales on the web. Great prices as of last Thurs. on polys. The traditional all metal models are quite a bit more expensive. I personally don't have a poly, but have heard good things about them. If I weren't a computer dummy, I'd post a link to Bud's.
I checked out buds but i had a better deal at my local scheels. i went and checked out the AK's and the only ones in my price range were garbage so i went back to the pistol store and did some looking.

I looked at the cz's and I thought they were heavy, rough, clunky, stiff, felt like crap, and the trigger felt like crap. I checked out some 1911's in my price range again and i was very very unimpressed (although i liked it much more the CZ). Once again it came down to the sig and the FNH and i picked the sig.

I was going to get a .40 but they didn't have any in stock and they had a 9mm very very very slightly used (apparently never been fired) for an even 500 which was 80$ cheaper than the new one so i went with the trust old 9mm.

I think i might try to make up for the lack of stopping power between the 9mm and the .40 by using frangible rounds, what do you think?

pics to come.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"-Thomas Jefferson