Free 500$ time to buy a new gun - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Free 500$ time to buy a new gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I went to the local gun store and checked out a few pistols. the AK store will be later this week.

I really liked the sig sauer. I checked out the 9mm but i am also open to a .40. I wouldn't mind a .45 but i dont think they make the polymer sig in .45. Whats your take on a .40 fullsize sig sauer as my primary home defense pistol?

The salesman showed me some F&N pistols which i thought were pretty nice although I liked the sig more.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"-Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-11-2010, 12:21 AM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

By the way, I went and looked at the 1911's i could afford and i was unimpressed. They were extremely stiff, didn't fit my hand well at all, and the sights might as well have not been there!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them"-Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-11-2010, 12:25 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
I went to the local gun store and checked out a few pistols. the AK store will be later this week.

I really liked the sig sauer. I checked out the 9mm but i am also open to a .40. I wouldn't mind a .45 but i dont think they make the polymer sig in .45. Whats your take on a .40 fullsize sig sauer as my primary home defense pistol?

The salesman showed me some F&N pistols which i thought were pretty nice although I liked the sig more.
Sig makes some of the best mass produced guns available. I have some, and consider them bulletproof. Never had any problems, and very accurate. I have never shot the polymer stuff, but have heard nothing but good about them. It would make a fine hd weapon. If you liked the way the sig felt, buy it. You will not regret it.

Old 01-11-2010, 12:31 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobpissypants View Post
Sig makes some of the best mass produced guns available. I have some, and consider them bulletproof. Never had any problems, and very accurate. I have never shot the polymer stuff, but have heard nothing but good about them. It would make a fine hd weapon. If you liked the way the sig felt, buy it. You will not regret it.
which model is the polymer model? i forgot the number and its hard to tell the difference online

Old 01-11-2010, 12:34 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Also, the store I looked at had the Sig listed for around 550. I look online and they are in the 700's and 800's. What gives?

Old 01-11-2010, 02:27 AM   #26

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

The Poly ones are cheaper compared to the all steel ones.

If your going to get a pistol for home defense you want all steel and you want .45 if it's an auto loader. So a Sig in .45 would be what I get...or a 9mm.

Honestly Sig is one of the 'wonder nines' at least to me. I don't like them though....hate the grip...having shot one but I know I'll hate the grip but I'd probably be accurate as hell with it....same thing with glocks. I hate them but I love them.

I'd either get a 9mm or an AK if that's what your dead set on...but you really need some surplus

Hell a Garand runs you 600 bucks from CMP...and you'd have some history right there!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:29 AM   #27

how about an ar-10.

Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Also, bear in mind that while i am open to other things i am quite fond of the 9mm cartridge. I know it has its issues but i am comfortable with it and have gotten pretty good at reloading it.
Get a CZ75B if you are considering a 9mm. Next best thing to a BHP imo.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I believe that every collage student needs at least one fifty. IMHO I think single shots are nice. If you think you can't sneak of fifty into your dorm room, go with the 1911. Keep up the good work, Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:17 PM   #30

Quote:
which model is the polymer model? i forgot the number and its hard to tell the difference online
Several polys avail. 2022,2009, 239, 250 (not sure about 250). Go to Bud's gun sales on the web. Great prices as of last Thurs. on polys. The traditional all metal models are quite a bit more expensive. I personally don't have a poly, but have heard good things about them. If I weren't a computer dummy, I'd post a link to Bud's.