Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Fred Thompson

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2007, 08:40 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Fred Thompson

What do you all think of him?

Good, bad, ugly?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-13-2007, 09:16 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlucian View Post
What do you all think of him?

Good, bad, ugly?
So far, I haven't heard anything recently from him that I disagree with. There have been comments that he's changed his position from years ago. If so, okay, that bears some scrutiny. I'm certainly willing to cut him some slack if the other "conservative" candidates don't have views that are easily distinguished from those of Hillary.

Old 06-14-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'm backing Ron Paul, but since he doesn't have a chance there is a good possibility I'll go with Thompson just because he is staunchly anti-gun control.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 06-14-2007, 03:42 AM   #4

Default Fred is the closest thing to a conservative in this race.

His stand on the Second Amendment makes him the ONLY candidate, in my estimation.

Fire everyone in Congress NOW.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:10 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ron Paul is all about the constitution, but will lack the pull to win the nomination. He would be a good 2A canidate as would Thompson.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 06-30-2007, 02:16 AM   #6

Fred's had my vote for some time now. This is a pretty good link to get a handle on him and many of his stands.

http://abcradionetworks.com/Blog.asp?id=15663&m=6&y=2007

this is an older link that I like to put out there that kind of supports his stance on guns.

http://www.gunweek.com/2000/feature0810.html

Old 06-30-2007, 02:43 AM   #7

I liked him until I found out he's a member of the Counsel on Foreign Relations (CFR). I'm not interested in becoming the North American Union which will be controlled by the United Nations. Say bye bye to your solvereignty, guns, and your freedom. Ron Paul is the only Republican who can beat Hillary or Obama. Nobody will become the POTUS with a pro war stance, no way.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:07 AM   #8

With all due respect Ron Paul would get less votes nationally than Ralph Nader.

Old 07-02-2007, 01:14 AM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

So far no one else appears like Fred! We'll need to see him in a debate setting or a place where he's not speaking scripted. I'd like to see how he'd handle a heckler.

Fun Fred! Fact: There is no bad weather where Fred! appears.

9x18=Makarov

Old 07-05-2007, 10:16 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLS33 View Post
Ron Paul is all about the constitution, but will lack the pull to win the nomination. He would be a good 2A canidate as would Thompson.
Unfortunately, the Eastern Establishment Press has marginalized Ron Paul. Plus, once in a while, he doesn't see the dogpile and steps right in it. The exchange with Giuliani over the invasion of Iraq in the recent debate comes to mind.

What baffles me is that most everyone in the media thinks that strict adherence to the constitution is a nutcase's position.