Freaking Out Neighbors - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Freaking Out Neighbors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 02:22 PM   #21
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Fortunately there are no neighbors to freak out. Across the street is about a 1000 acre ranch. On the North side is someone's vacation home that only visits 4-5 times a year. To the South the house is empty. And the neighbors behind are on the other side of the hill.

Acreage does have it privileges.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #22

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My neighbors say that I make them feel safe...or that's what they tell me anyway!

Old 07-27-2009, 03:15 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Remember meeting our new neighbor for the first time. Had just come in from the field. Had been running an OPFOR (bad guy) team for tactics exercise. I was in my role as Achmed- wearing a black burnoose, got out of the car, was carrying my "rubber duckie" AK 47 and RPG into the house when new neighbor stepped out into HIS front yard. A few months later we had a beer and a laugh together, but his initial thoughts were "OMG- what have I done moving in here?"
Ha, that's an awesome mental picture there, c3shooter!

I wish I could inflict a little of that on MY neighbours It's not me who freaks them out...was watching a police-reality show called "Recruits" the other night, where they go out on the beat with newly-minted cops. They turn up where a guy has reportedly gone for someone with an axe. I think to myself, "Hmm, that's a familiar building...familiar stairwell....hey I know that door!" It's the guy who lives in the flat 2 doors down from me LOL...not that I'm altogether surprised really Took a squad of 12 cops, that nifty lead-weighted 'door opener' they use and a couple of canisters of cs gas to subdue the guy, who they then drag downstairs & out to the paddy wagon.

No it's not me freaking the neighbours out at all

Old 07-27-2009, 03:55 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My neighbors are out on their front porches and when I walk by they give me a stern look and say "Now you better have a gun on you. You know Aaron doesn't want you walkin' around unarmed. I would invite you in for some sweet tea, but I guess we had better do that when Aaron is around" He has lived here nearly his whole life and everyone is country around here and they know that I am "his" so I get this every time I go for a walk around the block with the exception of the old lady that always walks out and says Sarah I missed you please come in... my name is Brittany, but she is so sweet so I go in and explain to her several times that my name is Brittany and we talk for a long time.