Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Freaking Out Neighbors (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/freaking-out-neighbors-16113/)

Benning Boy 07-25-2009 12:41 AM

Freaking Out Neighbors

I practice alot with the sword. I used to get bamboo stalks, go to the backyard, and practice cuts. Given the prices of green bamboo, I've had to change over to pool noodles. Not a challenging cut, but useful for feedback on the trajectory of your cut.

So I'm out chunking away, getting all zen-like in my concentration, finish, look up, and my neighbors look horrified.

I go through the Break Free after the range, and the wife hates the smell, so I try to clean the EBR on the porch, post range, as much as possible.

Again, the neighbors just look horrified.

Do you guys freak out the neighbors?

CA357 07-25-2009 12:48 AM

Only the ones I don't like. ;)

Actually, I keep an extremely low profile. We live in a nice neighborhood, but it's full of yuppie leftist scum.

RL357Mag 07-25-2009 12:53 AM

I never let ANYONE see my guns, even going to and from the car they are in a case. I would hate to come home some day and find them all gone....that is if I owned any, which I don't, cause they all fell overboard last year in a boating accident...:o

CA357 07-25-2009 12:54 AM

I remember that boat trip. That's where I lost mine too. :D

RL357Mag 07-25-2009 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 134057)
I remember that boat trip. That's where I lost mine too. :D

That's right buddy, it was last summer when we were on Tahoe...as luck would have it the damned party barge we were on sprang a leak in both pontoons and all the firearms went down with the boat in 1200' of water...what a bummer that was...:(

CA357 07-25-2009 01:01 AM

Yup, that's exactly how I remember it too.

Sorry 'bout the threadjack. ;)

dnthmn2004 07-25-2009 02:09 AM

"Protected by the 2nd Amendment" sign on the front lawn, FirearmsTalk.com decal on my car, and black unmarked cases in and out of my car (range trips). Dunno if it freaks out the neighbors.:rolleyes:

fisher77 07-25-2009 02:30 AM

My neigbors moved. Dont know if I freaked them out or not. I did fuc# with them pretty bad. They were as#holes.

Benning Boy 07-25-2009 03:18 AM

Dnthmn, where you been, playa?:)

Gojubrian 07-25-2009 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benning Boy (Post 134049)
I practice alot with the sword. I used to get bamboo stalks, go to the backyard, and practice cuts. Given the prices of green bamboo, I've had to change over to pool noodles. Not a challenging cut, but useful for feedback on the trajectory of your cut.

So I'm out chunking away, getting all zen-like in my concentration, finish, look up, and my neighbors look horrified.

I go through the Break Free after the range, and the wife hates the smell, so I try to clean the EBR on the porch, post range, as much as possible.

Again, the neighbors just look horrified.

Do you guys freak out the neighbors?

For most of my karate years we practiced outside. People frequently drove by and shouted....whatever came to their teeny little minds,lol.

Pretty neat about the swords. I would have come over for some lessons. :)