Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Fox's show Fringe (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/foxs-show-fringe-9537/)

matt g 12-31-2008 04:52 AM

Fox's show Fringe
 
Damn, I hate the short commercial break ploy that they use on the show. I'm a smoker and a beer junkie. I need to smoke and pee a lot and the 60-90 second commercial breaks don't allow for this.

Other than that, it more than fills the gap in my life that was created when The X Files was canceled. It's by far the best show on television today. If you haven't watched it yet, give it a chance and check it out next week.

Agent Olivia Dunham and Peter Bishop are much better characters than Agent Fox Mulder and Agent Dana Scully ever hoped to be. Also, the storyline is more science drive, so it's more believable.

sgtdeath66 12-31-2008 05:03 AM

didnt even know they had a new show on. what channel is it?

matt g 12-31-2008 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgtdeath66 (Post 58456)
didnt even know they had a new show on. what channel is it?

It's on Fox. I could have sworn that I said that in the previous post.

sgtdeath66 12-31-2008 05:57 AM

sorry what time does it air

matt g 12-31-2008 06:29 AM

It comes on at 9 PM here in Cali. I don't know how that works out in your neck of the woods. It came on at 10 PM up in Alaska, but at 7 PM in Nevada and 9 PM in Wyoming.

sgtdeath66 12-31-2008 06:35 AM

ill have to find it on the box and start a recording for it to check it out. the show i like is on showtime but i think its over now. its called sleeper cell. ive only seen like 12 shows and they were 6 in i think made in '05 and '06. but it kept me in suspense

user4 12-31-2008 06:40 AM

We've been watching it since it started, but I am still not impressed. The stories are not very interesting (with a couple exceptions) The characters are forgettable and have no chemistry (except the doc). I agree it's trying to fill the void of the Xfiles (of which I was a zealot), but it's just not cutting it. With the exception of reality TV and CSI, it's among the worst series out there unless you're looking for a cure for insomnia.

matt g 12-31-2008 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ineffable (Post 58475)
We've been watching it since it started, but I am still not impressed. The stories are not very interesting (with a couple exceptions) The characters are forgettable and have no chemistry (except the doc). I agree it's trying to fill the void of the Xfiles (of which I was a zealot), but it's just not cutting it. With the exception of reality TV and CSI, it's among the worst series out there unless you're looking for a cure for insomnia.

Damn bro, you just lost a lot of respect from me. Fringe owns X-files.

user4 12-31-2008 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt g (Post 58481)
Damn bro, you just lost a lot of respect from me. Fringe owns X-files.

Blasphemy! The truth is out there!

robocop10mm 12-31-2008 01:05 PM

I enjoy it. Got started watching it from the get go because it came on after House. House rules.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.