Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Four Wal-Mart employees fired for disarming an alleged shoplifter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Four Wal-Mart employees fired for disarming an alleged shoplifter

Four Wal-Mart employees have been fired after management said they violated company policy by disarming an alleged shoplifter who had pulled a gun inside the store.

The complete story here Wal-Mart Security Employees Fired for Disarming Store Gunman

People get the government they deserve.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #2

Liked 1759 Times on 803 Posts
Likes Given: 1781

Par for the course in this country. Punish good behavior and reward bad behavior.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:48 PM   #3
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5633 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

Now how did that felon get a firearm anyway? You don't suppose he was unaware of the prohibitions against felons owning/carrying/robbing with firearms, do you?

Tsk, Tsk.

Kudos to the Wmart workers.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

i sent walmart a nasty gram. that sort of behaviour is disgusting.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 02-24-2011, 10:11 PM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

You should hear my story of how they fired me for stopping a shoplifter while I was working retail security. They are a bunch of idiots, trust me. I could write a book on laws they break. I would love to fill in more details, but I'm afraid it might jeopardize my lawsuit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #6

Fired for stepping up and acting like human beings instead of letting this scum bag possibly kill someone? I guess they should have fallen to thier knees and begged for mercy, in accordance with company policy of course.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #7

Liked 38 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Maybe they were hoping he would pick up a few things on his way out of the store.. after all a sale is a sale.

Scubie

Old 02-24-2011, 10:57 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Par for the course in most retail settings. If one of those employees gets hurt while attempting to disarm someone, Wal Mart is facing a massive lawsuit. Not saying I agree with it, but that is the way it is.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 02-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregs887 View Post
Par for the course in most retail settings. If one of those employees gets hurt while attempting to disarm someone, Wal Mart is facing a massive lawsuit. Not saying I agree with it, but that is the way it is.
I just don't understand how the line between following company policy and not being, or allowing someone else to be murdered, can be so staunchly adhered to.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 02-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #10

Default Wal-Mart Response

My response from Wal-Mart: my note? words bunched together.

Thank you for your message.

Dear neophyte,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. This is a difficult situation and we understand people may have strong opinions about this particular policy. Unfortunately, the information being given by these individuals doesn't accurately reflect what took place. This policy, which is standard with other retailers, has been put in place to help ensure everyone's safety.

Our associates are trained on this policy to help avoid situations that put our customers and associates in jeopardy. Simply, we cannot condone associates taking matters into their own hands and acting in a manner that that jeopardizes peoples' safety.

Sincerely,
Walmart Customer Care

For further correspondence regarding this issue, please reply to this email.

----Your Original Comments Were----

Folks; this is ugly. Very ugly.4 Layton Walmart employees fired after disarming gunman caught shopliftingyour message, to customers and staff; reprehensible under any condition. protecting oneself, or a co-workerWhat is this message you are sending out, to the very community that supports your business.at best; a poor repersentation in ''management" behavior

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!