Fountain Cokes - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Fountain Cokes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 02:23 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

BTW, what I meant to say is Dr Pepper is hard to find as a FOUNTAIN drink. Not an issue in stores.

Here's another question I have, since this thread now seems to have the attention of some people in the know; why is it that almost all restaurants (with the exception of the new serve yourself fountains in McD's & BK), have "Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite", and maybe Orange Fanta? There are so many more choices, those basic 3 get old after a while. That's why I like to come across a place that does Pepsi; they also usually have Mountain Dew.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #32

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
No offense deadspot. I switched to Coke several years ago because of poor service and crappy attitudes from my local Pepsi distributer. The local Coke people are very professional. I am sure it the other way around in other areas. China is not part of my decision. However, politically I do not like Pepsi.
No offense taken at all! That's the great thing about the country we live in, we're allowed to make our own choices(for the most part) concerning such things! I enjoy Pepsi products but not Pepsi, I drink Coke, not at work of course lol

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #33

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

i LOVE fountain soda! the trick is, you must test every place in town with a soda fountain to see who has the best! just follow the morning soda drinkers to the preferred spot!

i think a good fountain drink reigns supreme! but you gotta find em! if you are out of your element, its just luck of the draw.

on a side note, i quit sodas again..........there is no support group for soda addicts like myself.

oh, and dr.pepper is the the best...no point in even trying to argue the best soda.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
BTW, what I meant to say is Dr Pepper is hard to find as a FOUNTAIN drink. Not an issue in stores.

Here's another question I have, since this thread now seems to have the attention of some people in the know; why is it that almost all restaurants (with the exception of the new serve yourself fountains in McD's & BK), have "Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite", and maybe Orange Fanta? There are so many more choices, those basic 3 get old after a while. That's why I like to come across a place that does Pepsi; they also usually have Mountain Dew.
We move a fair amount of Dr Pepper syrup, but much more of the Pepsi etc, perhaps it's because Dr Pep is is distributed by both, I usually see it alongside Coke products in fountain form.

DISCE PATI

Old 06-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #35

Liked 3248 Times on 1941 Posts
Likes Given: 2347

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post

wow, regions are very different. if they don't have DP on tap around here, people get upset!

Old 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #36
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8750 Times on 5226 Posts
Likes Given: 11599

I like Coke because it seems to be "bubblier". Pepsi loses it's carbonation too fast. i think i have cups in the back of my car for every gas station around. If you come in with one of their cups and tell them it's a refill, it's cheaper than buying the fountain drink with a new cup each time. Ask Balota. We stopped at a gas station for a pop in our travels and I had two empty cups for the gas station we were at so we only had to pay for refills. Yeah, I'm cheap. I may be the only woman you all know who hates to spend money.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I like Coke because it seems to be "bubblier". Pepsi loses it's carbonation too fast.
Agreed 100%!!!!!!

DISCE PATI

Old 06-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #38

Liked 2155 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 1393

Back in high school Pepsi used to do the Pepsi Challenge. You did a taste test with unmarked paper cups. We were all Pepsi drinkers at the time. We all picked Coke! They did not put us on the commercial.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #39

Liked 1336 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

See, I have NEVER seen Dr Pepper associated with Pepsi as a fountain drink, only Coke. And, in the stores, it's in the Coke section.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
See, I have NEVER seen Dr Pepper associated with Pepsi as a fountain drink, only Coke. And, in the stores, it's in the Coke section.
I can state that it is a fact, that Pepsi not only makes Dr Pepper in bottles and cans we also make it in syrup form as well.
The Pepsi I work for is an independent bottler and is based in the SE.

DISCE PATI

Newest Threads