Fountain Cokes - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Fountain Cokes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 12:52 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1083 Times on 526 Posts
Likes Given: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
^^^^^^^Is for the most part all true^^^^^
..then buy CO2 form some local place and get their water from the public system. This can also have a lot to do with flavor. If the water is not filtered at all, not filtered properly due top lack of maintenance the beverages will taste off also. ...
Ah-ha! This is why I can taste the chlorine in some fountain drinks! (In Atlanta in the summertime when the water got low at Lake Lanier I could taste catfish in the fountain drinks.)

Thanks for the write-up.

ellis

Old 06-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

unless your buying coke made and bottled in mexico your getting high fructose corn syrup with over sweet cloying taste. it all tastes like crap.

i switched to the pepsi throwback much better product. i wish coke would punt corn syrup to the curb. i would love a steady supply of old regular flavored coke back not this new coke junk relabled as coke classic.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 06-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #23

Liked 1337 Times on 895 Posts
Likes Given: 857

You know, I do not understand why Coke doesn't do that. Apparently, Pepsi has had great success with it. They originally were only making Throwback a few weeks a year, and now it's on the shelves year round. Pepsi, and Mountain Dew. I like the thought, but honestly, I cannot tell the difference between the sugars....

Old 06-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #24

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

pretty much what Zaitsev44 said. the carbonated water is made from CO2 cannisters and mixed with the containers of syrup. where they are mixed, they can adjust the mix ratio. many of them mix a higher content of carbonated water to make the syrup last longer and maximize profits.

bottled drinks are mixed differently and much more controlled settings.
This is the answer.. Bazinga

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #25
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6820 Times on 3623 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter View Post
You know, I do not understand why Coke doesn't do that. Apparently, Pepsi has had great success with it. They originally were only making Throwback a few weeks a year, and now it's on the shelves year round. Pepsi, and Mountain Dew. I like the thought, but honestly, I cannot tell the difference between the sugars....
its like night and day to me. high fructose corn syrup is cloying sticky sweet gives you that feeling like you ate too much suger or made a recipe that calls for one cup of sugar but you used 6 instead.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 06-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #26
Yep, it was as good as you could imagine
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 122 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellis36 View Post
(In Atlanta in the summertime when the water got low at Lake Lanier I could taste catfish in the fountain drinks.) :
Nothing wrong with that. I wish all fountain drinks tasted like catfish.
People Like This 
Old 06-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Oh, no. It must be Diet Coke or Diet Dr. Pepper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Oh yeah, Dr Pepper is good, too. Also kinda hard to find around here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Best of all.....Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clr8ter
Ughh. Original Dr Pepper for me.
Coke and Pepsi both distribute/make Dr. Pepper..
I work for the countries largest independent Pepsi bottler.. We are 70% owned by a Japanese company.. Heh..

*watches as everyone switches to Coke*

DISCE PATI

Old 06-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #28

Liked 2178 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 1402

I have a buffet style restaurant in my hotel. I manage both the hotel and the restaurant. I use Coke products. I have a fountain. I got it brand new 2 1/2 years ago. When Coke installed it they taught us how to change the CO2 and the syrup. We clean the fountain. That is all we do. We have never been trained to adjust the mix. Nor have we been given any tools to do so. I drink Diet Coke. I drink a couple every day. Any time I have ever thought something was not perfect I have called Coke. They send someone right out.

Making fountain drinks is cheap, very cheap. I am not able to come up with a cost per glass, because I don't charge for it. It is part of the buffet. But I know it lasts a long time. If some store owner is altering the mix to save a few pennies I would not shop there. Who knows what else they are cheating people on?
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I have a buffet style restaurant in my hotel. I manage both the hotel and the restaurant. I use Coke products. I have a fountain. I got it brand new 2 1/2 years ago. When Coke installed it they taught us how to change the CO2 and the syrup. We clean the fountain. That is all we do. We have never been trained to adjust the mix. Nor have we been given any tools to do so. I drink Diet Coke. I drink a couple every day. Any time I have ever thought something was not perfect I have called Coke. They send someone right out.

Making fountain drinks is cheap, very cheap. I am not able to come up with a cost per glass, because I don't charge for it. It is part of the buffet. But I know it lasts a long time. If some store owner is altering the mix to save a few pennies I would not shop there. Who knows what else they are cheating people on?
Exactly, our guys provide the Co2 and maintain as well.. BIB(bag in box, syrup) both 5Gal and 3Gal are both fairly cheap..

DISCE PATI

Old 06-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #30

Liked 2178 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 1402

No offense deadspot. I switched to Coke several years ago because of poor service and crappy attitudes from my local Pepsi distributer. The local Coke people are very professional. I am sure it the other way around in other areas. China is not part of my decision. However, politically I do not like Pepsi.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Newest Threads