Forum Question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Forum Question

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1139 Times on 591 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default Forum Question

Why is there a private women's sub forum that men are not allowed in? I find the existence of such a forum to be discriminatory against us men, and applies a double standard. What if there was a "guys only" sub forum that women weren't allowed in -- don't you think there would be some complaints?

If the gals here want a sub forum that appeals to them, why not set one up one housekeeping hints, receipes, and the importance of keeping their husbands happy? At least that would be useful.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-03-2013, 08:16 PM   #2

Liked 562 Times on 371 Posts

*crickets* this wont go over well .....

Old 08-03-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6573 Times on 3638 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post
Why is there a private women's sub forum that men are not allowed in? I find the existence of such a forum to be discriminatory against us men, and applies a double standard. What if there was a "guys only" sub forum that women weren't allowed in -- don't you think there would be some complaints?

If the gals here want a sub forum that appeals to them, why not set one up one housekeeping hints, receipes, and the importance of keeping their husbands happy? At least that would be useful.
I'm out of here before the bombs hit!!!!

Old 08-03-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6331 Times on 3161 Posts
Likes Given: 6825

Jeez Tex, you could have a point on this but Im guessing it will get some negative feedback!

No different than The BCC, Black Congressional Caucus! What if someone wanted to start a WCC, would that go over like a lead balloon or what?

Our Campus has all kinds of LGBTQ events and even a parade, Ive wondered what would happen if a bunch of students decided to have a Hetero Parade in the quad?

There is a cultural center on the campus, could students ask for an All White Center? We have Womans Studies, How come no Man Studies?

These things do make you ask, why if were all supposed to be the same in the eyes of society we all dont get the same accesses and other clubby things?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm....

Old 08-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #5

Liked 771 Times on 431 Posts
Likes Given: 1594

Default Holy blazing buckets of crap!!

I for one have come to like the female companionship I have here and if they want a private area to do whatever I say have at it!!! Otherwise... I'm with you TexasW... I won't touch this with a 10 foot pole!!

Old 08-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9164 Times on 3957 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

Tex- where else would they talk about you?

Short answer- it gives them a place to talk about things and ask questions they may not be comfortable asking in front of us hairy types. AND I would point out there is a Military thread open only to past and present members of the armed forces.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 08-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2969 Times on 1712 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

I like the intrigue of guessing what they are talking about.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 08-03-2013, 09:16 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6751 Times on 3669 Posts
Likes Given: 5796

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpossum View Post

For one thing I a m always seeing a lot of you guys talking about boobs and vaginas in the public forum, so why would you now want to take it private?

I would rather see a CZ forum than a womens forum. JMHO
Old 08-03-2013, 10:00 PM   #9

Well then . . . I want a private Texan's forum.

Old 08-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Tex- where else would they talk about you?

Short answer- it gives them a place to talk about things and ask questions they may not be comfortable asking in front of us hairy types. AND I would point out there is a Military thread open only to past and present members of the armed forces.
The women have SEEN THOSE pictures of me?

Closed Thread