Forum-inspired decisions - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Forum-inspired decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 01:49 PM   #41
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 596 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 3113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Unless you plan to walk and hunt with it, or run dynamic drills, there is the Target model with a harmonic dampener. It also has a lowered buttpad, something rarely seen in mil-style carbines. Now only $800+ Well here it is the unsolicited opinion
Where can you find an M 14 for $800+ A link would be nice. I do have another concerne, it would cost me maybe another $100 to $150 to have one shipped through the ffl dealer and then their are taxes also, possibly.

Old 05-02-2014, 01:50 PM   #42
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernandoTheCommando View Post
He meant a mini 14
Now your thinking for me? I meant The M 14! I should have said it will be in 308 also, I guess.

Quote by FernandoThe Commando: No, the other guy was referring to a mini 14 when he said things like "harmonic dampener" and "$800". I'm referring to mercator's comment.

My response: Doh! My apologies!

Last edited by Airborne1; 05-02-2014 at 02:18 PM.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:08 PM   #43

Liked 542 Times on 320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
Now your thinking for me? I meant The M 14! I should have said it will be in 308 also, I guess.
No, the other guy was referring to a mini 14 when he said things like "harmonic dampener" and "$800". I'm referring to mercator's comment.
Airborne1 Likes This 
Old 05-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #44
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
No, the other guy was referring to a mini 14 when he said things like "harmonic dampener" and "$800". I'm referring to mercator's comment.
Man o Man did I miss that one! Sorry about that!

Old 05-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4116 Times on 2798 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

Quote:
Where can you find an M 14 for $800+ A link would be nice. I do have another concerne, it would cost me maybe another $100 to $150 to have one shipped through the ffl dealer and then their are taxes also, possibly.
Sorry I meant the Ruger Mini. Can't read too good at sunrise

Old 05-02-2014, 02:57 PM   #46

Liked 752 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
He meant a mini 14
Dammit,,,I got my hopes up. $800 seems a bit high for a Mini. Walmart here sells them for like $650 new.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4116 Times on 2798 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Dammit,,,I got my hopes up. $800 seems a bit high for a Mini. Walmart here sells them for like $650 new.
That's for the Mini Target, it has a thumb holed laminate stock and the adjustable muzzle dampener. May be worth $150 extra IF works as advertised. Almost everyone who mounted their own dampener say the groups got tighter. I never got around to do it on my range rifle.

Last edited by Mercator; 05-02-2014 at 03:09 PM.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:11 PM   #48

Liked 542 Times on 320 Posts

Quote:
Man o Man did I miss that one! Sorry about that!
Haha yup. I love my mini 14 btw. Stainless 581 series. Runs like a champ.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:31 AM   #49
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Axe, this one has actually been scientifically documented. There is a cycle of consumerism that used to be relatively unsupported which the Internet has now become a part. It has been proven that humans buy emotionally and then justify their purchase rationally. It goes something like this:

Consumer desires item.
Consumer impulse buys item.
Consumer gets emotional "high" from purchase and new ownership.
"High" wears off, doubt sets in.
Consumer starts to worry about accumulating doubts:
Did I spend too much?
Does someone else sell it for less?
Is there a better model?
What if it breaks?
Is the manufacturer any good at warranty repairs?
Consumer seeks reassurance that purchase was sound.

It's this last step that has been expanded by the Internet. Consumers used to go to family, friends, neighbors and coworkers to get the reassurance he did the right thing. But with the advent of the Internet, a whole new group of people are addressable on these same questions. Also, the consumer often trusts the Internet more because he's afraid that the above mentioned groups will tell him what he wants to hear instead of giving him an honest opinion.

So, it make perfect sense as to why these posts show up. Just continue to offer your honest opinions and realize that some people actually value your opinion MORE than the loved ones in their life!

Now THAT should be hard to believe, eh, Axxe?
some good points Greg!

but also in these current times with so much information available right at our fingertips and at anytime we so choose, that same reasoning can be applied to doing the research before buying instead of having buyers remorse.

i can remember a time before computers and the internet when we relied on books, magazines and people who had experiance with the guns or ammo we were interested in. sometimes we just took our chances too.

i know i do lots more research when something strikes my fancy. this isn't just guns and ammo for me either, but just about anything i now buy.

and they only value my opinions as long a i think they made a good choice if only by luck. if my opinions differ, they sometimes they get all butthurt and offended. i am not going to say anything other than the truth or opinions. i ain't stroking anyone's ego so they can feel good about the crap they are stuck with. i also quantify my answers and reasons with why and under what circumstances for why. not just giving a one word answer isn't my style.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:00 AM   #50

Liked 373 Times on 236 Posts
Likes Given: 160

To be honest there are to many to name. I freaking love these forums, everyone is so relaxed and we get to talk about guns all day!! What more is there to love. On a serious note, I have saved a few hundred dollars from suggestions by members.

Haven't got a lot, I don't need a lot. Coffee's only a dime. Living in the sunlight, Loving in the moonlight, Having a wonderful time!

I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED...