Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Forum-inspired decisions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 01:47 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2539 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 1401

870, 500 & 835 owned them all, still own 500 & two 835s, I just shoot them better.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

dango Likes This 
Old 05-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2845 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 16967

I have learned many things from many people here ! Some body has always been there to give good sound advice from my rather stupid questions and humility with knowledge . The people and this forum are priceless to me !

Learned to handle my petty problems and that there are people here that have been through hell and back with honor and humility . This has made me a better all around person ! Also , the humor , great stuff ! This has been great for my over all out look and open minded ness .

Great group And glad to be a part of this .

Old 05-02-2014, 10:21 AM   #33
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1278 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
that one still amazes me. a person buys a gun and then ask for advice or thoughts about it after the fact? i do my research before i buy something i am not familiar with.

and if i did buy something that turned out to be a lemon because i didn't do my homework before i bought it, ain't none of you ever going to hear one thing about it!
Axe, this one has actually been scientifically documented. There is a cycle of consumerism that used to be relatively unsupported which the Internet has now become a part. It has been proven that humans buy emotionally and then justify their purchase rationally. It goes something like this:

Consumer desires item.
Consumer impulse buys item.
Consumer gets emotional "high" from purchase and new ownership.
"High" wears off, doubt sets in.
Consumer starts to worry about accumulating doubts:
Did I spend too much?
Does someone else sell it for less?
Is there a better model?
What if it breaks?
Is the manufacturer any good at warranty repairs?
Consumer seeks reassurance that purchase was sound.

It's this last step that has been expanded by the Internet. Consumers used to go to family, friends, neighbors and coworkers to get the reassurance he did the right thing. But with the advent of the Internet, a whole new group of people are addressable on these same questions. Also, the consumer often trusts the Internet more because he's afraid that the above mentioned groups will tell him what he wants to hear instead of giving him an honest opinion.

So, it make perfect sense as to why these posts show up. Just continue to offer your honest opinions and realize that some people actually value your opinion MORE than the loved ones in their life!

Now THAT should be hard to believe, eh, Axxe?

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

People Like This 
Old 05-02-2014, 10:50 AM   #34
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5676 Times on 2811 Posts
Likes Given: 6035

Ive played on a couple firearm boards before I ended up here. They were full of self righteous, pompous, arrogant and conceited collectors that somehow found joy in bashing novices and pointing fingers. They absolutely banned any political chat also and disallowed any talk accept "My guns better than yours" and "you dont know nothin". FTF is everything strictly informational they are thats good and so much more than specs and stats. Thats actually created some challenges for the Mod Squad that other sites dont have but the positives of a real world thinking community far outweigh the few spats and heated discussions that may happen as a result of nearly limitless expression (long as your not disrespectful or do it in the wrong thread).

Their are kids here that know more about modern weapons than I will ever know (or care to). My modest collection is 90% inherited and most are older than I am by a couple few decades and I havent ever bought a brandy new gun in my entire life! Ive shot semi trucks full of ammo, missiles and other in my life but early this week was the first time I had shot in a couple years! Took a Young friend of mine into the back yard and we tried out his new Shotgun (first bullet Mikey ever shot), that was a blast (Ha, see what I did there)!

What I lack in current Firearm knowledge and experience I hopefully make up for in lessons well learned while attending the School of hard Knocks the last half a century or so. FTF is about the only place that Ive found that allows us Constitutionally Supportive folks to be useful and active even if we dont have the latest and greatest collection of NY State banned weapons in our personal arsenals!

Old 05-02-2014, 11:30 AM   #35

Liked 349 Times on 233 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
Those of us who know everything, are annoyed by those who think they do.
True. I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.
People Like This 
Old 05-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1743 Times on 1258 Posts
Likes Given: 1986

Default Sequahanna hat company..............

I've learned alot here. About guns, calibers, social injustice, other peoples thoughts about gov........... I still haven't figured out how to keep my big mouth shut, seems the older I get the better I used to be............But damn I was a good machinist and never lost a bet on what I could do behind a machine........lol............

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

People Like This 
Old 05-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #37
Still learning
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 518 Times on 307 Posts
Likes Given: 2564

My best decision was the one I made to join this forum after reading some of the post!
Was I able to get the brown off of my nose?

I haven't really made any final decisions about guns or ammo from what I have read here yet. That's only because I haven't had enough money to buy that next gun yet. I am currently saving up for that M14 though.

Old 05-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1466 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne1 View Post
My best decision was the one I made to join this forum after reading some of the post!
Was I able to get the brown off of my nose?

I haven't really made any final decisions about guns or ammo from what I have read here yet. That's only because I haven't had enough money to buy that next gun yet. I am currently saving up for that M14 though.
Unless you plan to walk and hunt with it, or run dynamic drills, there is the Target model with a harmonic dampener. It also has a lowered buttpad, something rarely seen in mil-style carbines. Now only $800+ Well here it is the unsolicited opinion

Old 05-02-2014, 12:29 PM   #39

Liked 746 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
Unless you plan to walk and hunt with it, or run dynamic drills, there is the Target model with a harmonic dampener. It also has a lowered buttpad, something rarely seen in mil-style carbines. Now only $800+ Well here it is the unsolicited opinion
Where can you get a M1a for $800????

Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #40

Liked 358 Times on 206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Where can you get a M1a for $800????
He meant a mini 14