Forum good people and A-holes

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Forum good people and A-holes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Forum good people and A-holes

On any forum you go to you will find good people and A-holes. This forum is no different; the mods try and weed out the A-hole types before they do much damage. Sometimes we miss one or two or maybe they were A-holes because the OP was an A-hole.

All one really needs to get along in this forum is a somewhat thick skin, a sense of hummer, and a common bond of gun ownership and/or support. This is not exclusively a conservative forum; we do have a few liberals who enjoy the common bond with us all. Not everyone will see eye to eye on every issue we discuss, post, and/or debate. Having a diversity of views is what helps the debate and makes for a good forum.

We almost have Yunus and Ploofy converted though, just kidding guys.

There are a lot of forum sub-forums and if a subject does not appeal to you for debate or posting an opinion then by all means do not participate in it. If you find a subject fascinating, then jump in with both feet. We don’t bite to hard just a little nibble is all. Sometimes a discussion will get a little heated but all you got to do is take a deep breath, relax, and attempt to say how you feel and/or your opinion.

I would like to see the topic stay on topic a lot more but that is almost a miracle to do at times. Last but not least a worm welcome to all new member who have joined and will join.

P.S. if you’re female and single who likes older men I am available.

opaww

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-13-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7088 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 8583

Well said, Opaww. I tend to accept all kinds of opinions whether I agree with them or not. Every rare once in a while someone says something that REALLY rubs me the wrong way and I'll jump in. And if it bothers me enough to want to jump in, it is usually a post I report to the Mods, too. But normally I'm not very argumentative nor looking for a fight.

I usually refuse to discuss politics or religion........particularly on an open forum like this. I'm just here to learn about guns, make some friends, find some shooting partners, etc.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 08-13-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Old 08-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #3

Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I usually refuse to discuss politics or religion........particularly on an open forum like this.
Those are the 2 subjects that, over all my time on this planet, have shown to me provides the most proclivity to promote arguments. I will crack "wise" on some posts and on others try to give an honest response, albeit sometimes emotional (depending on the subject matter), but I attempt to NOT be an a**hole. I don't always succeed but then none of us are perfect and I fall far from that arena of thought.

I can also spew the bulls**t with the best of them and occasionally exhibit that "skill" too.....

Old 08-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #4
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2862 Times on 1655 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Everybody has an opinion, and I am of no exception.

For the most part, I'll say it as I see it. To keep a thread going because you disagree with someone does not help to clarify your position.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 08-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #5

Liked 57 Times on 42 Posts
Likes Given: 22

That was an awesome post. Thumbs up.

Animo non Astutia

Vae Victis

Old 08-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #6
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Good post, opaww. Being civil is important and we try to keep folks in line in that regard. It doesn't always work out, though. As a general rule, if you wouldn't say if face-to-face, don't post it. People tend to grow really big balls sitting at a keyboard.

As for staying on topic...good luck with that. Threads can stray all over the damn place and that's OK if the material is interesting and useful. We don't have a lot of threads here start out interesting and devolve into total nonsense with absolutely no value; we do try to kick threads back into play if they go into the weeds.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:37 PM   #7

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Thanks to all the mods for the thankless work you do Bucky

Old 08-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #8

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

allow me to chime in, an outstanding OP. I agree, that in an open fourm we have the opportunity to come in contact with some that we will never see eye to eye, no matter what the subject is.

although I have not been a member of this fourm very long. I have always tryed to be respectful, and will continue to do so. even if my "A" type personality and passion on some issues normaly gets me into some heated debates. But it is all done with intended respect.

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 08-13-2011, 06:14 PM   #9

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 233

To me Respect gets you Respect....or like opaww said have thick-skin....I agree to disagree on any topic....That's what makes the world go around........I really like this Forum and been hanging-around since last Sept....I think it's about time I join....I was just waiting,and lost track of time I guess.....Anyway....This is one of three forums I talk and chat on and is by far the best....X D Talk.com and Elsiepeaforum.com are the others and I feel more at home here then either of those two......We need more people to come-up with more topics in the CLUB-HOUSE...????......Just-Saying...........I will say on one of the Harley-Davidson Forums,in there Club-House people are talking and chatting about so many topics at once it can get CRAZY....but it's cool at the same time......O K It's time to go shooting now...BYE.........

Old 08-13-2011, 06:17 PM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8825 Times on 3820 Posts
Likes Given: 1364

Good OP. Myself, I try to pick my battles. I have enough kids/grandkids that I need to have understand the words "That is stupid, and it is going to hurt you." When there is someone that I am NOT related to on a forum that falls into the same category, I will offer my opinion, hopefully in a non-hurtful way.

If they chose to ignore it, so what? Their choice, and so long as it does not affect me, not my problem. If someone wants to make insulting remarks to me, I shall be forced to sit in a corner all night and whimper.

Naw, that ain't gonna happen. Cutting remarks do not need stitches, and it is really not important. If someone is looking for knowledge, it is important that they get it.

Among other things, I teach presentation skills. One of my rules for presenters is stay away from sex, politics, and religion- unless your topic is sex, politics, or religion. Becomes a barrier to communication.

Excuse please- was up early, have worked hard, time for beer and nap. See y'all later.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.