Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Forum, Atten-TION!!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Forum, Atten-TION!!

Gentlemen, I am pleased to announce what may be the single greatest group exercise in our short history.

Through a number of PMs, enough to fill several boxes, we have managed to come up with a mission that will test you, teach you, entertain you, and show you who you really are when the chips are down.

Some details are being finalized as we speak, I'll be able to share more soon.

I can tell you this much.

1) This was an effort that was realized through lengthy debate.

2) This will be a "spare time" project, but one that will require a commitment of 10 weeks. If you cannot dedicate a couple of hours a week for 10 weeks, you will not complete this course.

3) Esteemed cadre have been appointed, and will be filling you in on details shortly. I'll be joining your ranks, and hope to complete this course with you.

Completion of this course will uniquely qualify you to perform at an operational tempo that far exceeds anything you have known before.

Because, gentlemen, before there was Spec Ops, there was an individual capable of surviving in conditions unimaginable to most, with no support of any kind.

You will meet him. You will BE him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franciscomv View Post
Ok, fellows, the wait is over! I'm here to announce what could become the coolest internet forum group experience in history.

The importance of self reliance is something every member on this forum agrees about. It's probably the single topic on which we'd all be 100% on the same page. So we've come up with a programme to help improve our knowledge of the art of outdoors self reliance. THE FTF BUSHCRAFT SCHOOL

We'll have ten weekly "classes" with assignments for members to complete. At first they will be simple but important skills and things will get more complex as we move forwards. By the end of the ten week course you should be able to put Tarzan to shame.

There's just one tool needed: a good knife (go figure, Francisco involved in something that requires knives...). This is a great chance for an FTF knife, we've selected a model and are working on getting the best possible price. I feel it's a great design and a fantastic bushcraft tool. We'll have more info soon.

In case you're wondering exactly what we mean by "bushcraft" I just posted my own little definition here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/ftf-bushcraft-school-30313/#post330076

Last edited by Dillinger; 08-12-2010 at 07:09 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-10-2010, 03:11 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Is this like the Anti-Obama forces draft!

Old 08-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Well, that is one hell of a sales pitch!

Well done Benning, this should flood the PM box with inquires... LOL

He is telling the truth folks, we have something in the works that is going to be pretty cool, and bring a lot of us together in the process.

I will be joining the ranks of those enrolled in this new class, and I can only hope to pass, because that will look pretty bad if I don't.

Lord help another forum that would challenge ours to a battle after these events play out.

JD

Old 08-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #4

Liked 859 Times on 342 Posts
Likes Given: 1687

When will we be enlightened as to the details?

Old 08-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroxAZ View Post
When will we be enlightened as to the details?
Quiet you! No questions. You will be told when it is time to tell....

Actually I have no idea. We are encountering a behind the scenes shipping issue and are working on it.

I expect some sort of more official announcement by the weekend. I hope.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 463 Times on 254 Posts

Shipping? The course comes with goodies? That is right, no questions. Standing by to stand by.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #7

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo da Plumbr View Post
Is this like the Anti-Obama forces draft!
An unrelated thread showed me a need.

We have a pretty unique bunch here, with experts, real experts, in a variety of fields.

I spend much of my time here doing the bits, and it occurred to me that we leave vast wells of knowledge untapped.

We chose to enlist experts for a project, something that everyone could take advantage of, learn from, compete in, and take away something valuable.

My personal vision is that at the end of 10 weeks, enough will be hooked to keep the concept going. But completion of the 10 weeks is mandatory.

If this were a martial art, it would be like earning your black belt, but realizing that there is more after the belt than there was before it.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I am sitting her with a minnow under my tongue.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Our Master Chief Instructor will be filling you in in tremendous detail soon.

Hype aside, this is gonna be alot of fun, loaded with very important info, and it's going to change some of what you hold as theory into fact, and eliminate some misconceptions you may currently have.

Old 08-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #10

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Standing By!!

People get the government they deserve.

Closed Thread