Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Foriegn 9mm ID,help needed (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/foriegn-9mm-id-help-needed-99184/)

Jstrong 10-19-2013 11:16 PM

Foriegn 9mm ID,help needed

1 Attachment(s)
Took some 9mm Luger in on a trade,with foriegn markings and case markings. Can't find anything on it. I figure if someone can ID it they would be here. Want to figure out where these cane from before I shoot them

Will get some pictures of the case markings up in a few,it has a 9-69 stamp, a K stamp,and a stamp that looks like the Pi sign.but here's the box to start,maybe someone will recognize the language.

Attachment 123074

Anna_Purna 10-19-2013 11:19 PM

israeli surplus ammo. Its +P+ pressures. Will your gun handle that?
It was made for Uzi's submachineguns

Are they silver tipped or blacktipped?

Anna_Purna 10-19-2013 11:29 PM

What kind of handgun??? do you own?

Jstrong 10-19-2013 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Neither,standard copper. Can't get in focus to get the markings. But heres a pic of one round.

Attachment 123076

I own a sig p938 and a sig p226 SAO in 9mm

Anna_Purna 10-19-2013 11:52 PM

The sigs should be able to handle them. But you might want to get a heavier recoil spring to reduce wear. And I wouldn't give them a steady diet of it. Do you have any friends who have a 9mm carbine to test them in?

JW357 10-19-2013 11:59 PM

Anna is right about the Israeli part. That's definitely Hebrew. I don't know what it says though so I can't confirm anything else she said. By the way the picture is upside down.

Jstrong 10-20-2013 12:25 AM

Well I only got a 100 rounds of them,they were kinda just lumped in on a much bigger trade. Would a high point carbine be rated for these? My dad has one I could test them out of.

Anna_Purna 10-20-2013 12:27 AM

I was gonna say that it was upside down, but ignored that part. I would shoot them through a carbine first to make sure about them being hotter than normal. Then if your handgun throws the brass twice as far, i'd stop, but if they are only a few feet further I wouldn't worry about it. If your Sigs are rated for +P ammo, I wouldnt hesitate to use it, but with caution.

Jstrong 10-20-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna_Purna
I was gonna say that it was upside down, but ignored that part. I would shoot them through a carbine first to make sure about them being hotter than normal. Then if your handgun throws the brass twice as far, i'd stop, but if they are only a few feet further I wouldn't worry about it. If your Sigs are rated for +P ammo, I wouldnt hesitate to use it, but with caution.

Alright thanks Anna! This is why I made this thread. I'm definantly not gonna run them in the micro compact sig,but may try a mag in the full size for ****s and giggles if they don't prove to be way hot. Then give the rest to whoever has the carbine.

Sorry about the picture being upside down,I'm just as Hebrew-illiterate when it's right side up though.

DFlynt 10-20-2013 12:43 AM

Anna can you read Hebrew? If you can you went up a bunch of respect points to me, not that you weren't already in the Awesome part of the scale! ;)