Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 09:11 PM   #81
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1800 Times on 1287 Posts
Likes Given: 2026

Default I love it.....................

This year the Saints defence can kick Azz and not be penalized for payment due..................Tear his head head off. Hell he's gettting paid for it.......................A running QB is suspect......................

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 08-14-2013, 11:22 AM   #82
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Guys we can agree to disagree,.but lets please keep it civil! to me this is what makes Talking football Great, That fans all have different feelings & opinions,..but lets be respectful to each other. I personally can't stand the Cowboys because i'm Bronx Born & Raised,..but i "RESPECT" Cowboy fans and i expect the same from them. One of my Former Interns isa Gigantic Dallas fan along with his Brother & Father,...we have Intelligent conversations. I met his GF a while back and we had Breakfast at a well known spot in Sedona. I tested the bounds of our friendship by wearing one of my NYG t-Shirts! His Girl thought It was so funny...She tool a pic with her iPhone of us "faking" an Argument!!!
Hey bro, its all in good fun here. I am ALL about the BSing of sports and the "friendly" rivalries.

Actually, last year AT Ford Field, during the Texans/Dions game on Turkey day, i stepped to the side of a young Texans fan that was in a "sticky situation" with a couple of drunken Dions zealots. (There were about 40,000 PIZZED OFF souls in that place...if you remember the game, you know why...lets just say that is THE BEST we have seen our Dions play in a very long time and had our victory stolen by bad call(s)) 'Splaining to them that he had EVERY right to cheer as loudly for HIS team as we did for ours...Asking "How boring would this world be if we all cheered for the same team/driver/etc...we NEED our rivals to make it fun."

Later that night i stepped up for a couple that were Texans fans and being harassed in the hotel bar later that night.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Last edited by fmj; 08-14-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 PM   #83

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

It's all good Doc, never personal, talkin' smack is what being a sports fan is all about...

So, fmj, you a Texans fan now?

Why don't you move to Houston and rub JJ Watts feet for him!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #84
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2983 Times on 2031 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Cool! Making up my missed show from yesterday at 12:35 Et today

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #85
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
It's all good Doc, never personal, talkin' smack is what being a sports fan is all about...

So, fmj, you a Texans fan now?

Why don't you move to Houston and rub JJ Watts feet for him!!
Not only no, but HELL NO!

Just not gonna stand by and watch idiots get abusive with other teams fans. Pokin' $hit at one another is all part of the fun. But there is a line.

Hell, if i could get some of that FAT MONEY, i would even rub primadonna Peytons feet AND neck!

vincent Likes This 
Old 08-14-2013, 08:38 PM   #86

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

I remember that T-day game very well, your guys did get hosed...baaaadly...

I hear ya though, some folks always cross the line at games...

Although I've never been, from what I understand, the Jets fans are some of the worst for that kind of stuff, but oddly enough, the Giants fans, who use the same stadium, are amongst the most accommodating...go figure...

Didn't the old Vet in Philly used to have a built in holding cell for the miscreants? I remember a few years ago the story of the 2 Iggles fans who beat a Cowboy fan into a coma after Philly ran afoul of Dallas one Sunday...classy... I remember a similar dust-up with Flyer fans vs Ranger fans during the Cup playoffs too...Maybe there's a job for you in the City of Brotherly Beatdowns...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 08-15-2013, 12:58 AM   #87
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post

Although I've never been, from what I understand, the Jets fans are some of the worst for that kind of stuff, but oddly enough, the Giants fans, who use the same stadium, are amongst the most accommodating...go figure...

Didn't the old Vet in Philly used to have a built in holding cell for the miscreants? I remember a few years ago the story of the 2 Iggles fans who beat a Cowboy fan into a coma after Philly ran afoul of Dallas one Sunday...classy... I remember a similar dust-up with Flyer fans vs Ranger fans during the Cup playoffs too...Maybe there's a job for you in the City of Brotherly Beatdowns...
Nothing like the the Bolts fan being stabbed by Raiders fans.....

Old 08-15-2013, 01:56 AM   #88

Liked 14 Times on 10 Posts

My denver broncos are going all the way!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2013, 04:22 AM   #89
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2983 Times on 2031 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent

Yes The Vet did, so did Shea when the Jets still played there. The Meadowlands one was staffed by NJ State Troopers

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #90

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Football is a team sport, sure certain positions are seemingly 'more important' but all three phases have to be clicking.. Ask the 18-1 Patriots.. If Peyton or any other QB is having an off game then the D has to step up.. If the D gives up lots of points the O has to step up..

Then there coaching.. Don't even get me started on The Skins coach leaving RG3 in the the game knowing damn well he was hurt.. Blaming or praising one player is just wrong.. If one player could win or lose games, Barry Sanders would have rings, Dan Marino,, Jim Kelly, all those guys would have rings and teams wouldn't need 53 players.. They'd need one..

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.