The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1106 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

Ummm we're not talking about marino...Marino seldom had a decent team.

Peyton on the other hand has had GREAT receivers, (who by THEIR sacrifice, the sacrifice of their bodies, padded that whiners stats) quality RB's and a very seviceable line...not to mention decent defenses. Yet EVERY SINGLE time Peyton manages to THROW the game by his piss poor passing and decision making. I have the FACTS to back it up to. Peyton is the LOSINGEST post season QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL. ...whilst Tom Brady is the winningest...these are FACTS, NOT conjecture or opinion. EVERY post season loss can be traced directly back to Peytons poor decisions. Hes a choke artist, plain and simple.

Super bowl against the Saints? Oh thats right, PICK 6 to give the game to the NO

Last years playoff game against the Ravens? OH! Thats right, a PICK to lose the game for Denver.

I could go on and on and on.

And dont start with the pathetic "Your a so and so fan...you cannot POSSIBLY know what your talking about."

Now you just go and listen to the talking heads tell you what to think and when and to worship the lord and savior peyton...leave the free, critical thinking to your betters.
Betters my ass! I love how your are conceited enough to think the words you speak are the absolute and only truth. Thinking and speaking anything that differs from your almighty opinion must obviously be blasphemy. Give me a break.

Wait wait wait.... I could not possibly know what I'm talking about.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue about why "My team's QB is awesome and yours sucks!". It gets nowhere. Sports fans are extremely passionate and are quite insulting a lot of the time. We can all just agree to disagree...... unless you can find a way to punch each other in the face through our computers.

I personally love football and their are only a few teams and players that I absolutely despise. I watch a lot of teams and don't feel that I should only be a Cowboy's fan, or a Redskins fan, or a Seahawks fan. Oh and I am most definitely not a Redskins fan!
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Last edited by TexasGunner; 08-13-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #72

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGunner View Post
Betters my ass! I love how your are conceited enough to think the words you speak are the absolute and only truth. Thinking and speaking anything that differs from your almighty opinion must obviously be blasphemy. Give me a break.

Wait wait wait.... I could not possibly know what I'm talking about. @@
That's what cold, hard FACTS tend to be...refute anything he wrote as BS...I'll wait...

I know your type, you follow your favorite college player to the NFL and whatever team he lands on is your new favorite, can't lose team...weak.

Go ahead and talk smack about my guys, the facts don't lie...

You think the Pats are done, and you call ME delusional???

Time to re-up your lithium prescription...

Old 08-13-2013, 04:32 PM   #73
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:

Wait wait wait.... I could not possibly know what I'm talking about. @@
You would do well to notice the at the end there. Obviously you DONT...now go back to listening to the talking heads tell you what to think...that would be best. I, on the other hand, will watch the games, judge the players by their play on the field and pay attention to the stats.

Again, i speak FACT, NOT opinion.

You can throw for 5 million yards in a season with no picks and that means doodly squat if your INT's and pick 6's lose your team the game in the first round of the playoffs. The SINGLE reason players play is to win a CHAMPIONSHIP!

Peyton has more 1 and done playoff games than ANY other QB in history...again, this is NOT my opinion but irrefutable FACT.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-13-2013, 04:38 PM   #74

Liked 1106 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj

You would do well to notice the at the end there. Obviously you DONT...now go back to listening to the talking heads tell you what to think...that would be best. I, on the other hand, will watch the games, judge the players by their play on the field and pay attention to the stats.

Again, i speak FACT, NOT opinion.

You can throw for 5 million yards in a season with no picks and that means doodly squat if your INT's and pick 6's lose your team the game in the first round of the playoffs. The SINGLE reason players play is to win a CHAMPIONSHIP!

Peyton has more 1 and done playoff games than ANY other QB in history...again, this is NOT my opinion but irrefutable FACT.
Again with the personal insults. I think for myself and don't need advice from the likes of you.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Old 08-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #75
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Again with the personal insults. I think for myself and don't need advice from the likes of you.
Not personal insults...just pointing out the facts.

I happen to live in IN and have dealt with far too many Peyton worshipers...i know the type only to well.

When YOU can refute ANYTHING i have said with a fact...then you may cry about personal attacks.

(for the record...YOU my friend started it.

QUOTE:

Give me a break! So by your measuring standards Dan Marino would be nothing but a hack and complete failure? Let me guess.... Your a Steelers fan? )

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #76
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Guys we can agree to disagree,.but lets please keep it civil! to me this is what makes Talking football Great, That fans all have different feelings & opinions,..but lets be respectful to each other. I personally can't stand the Cowboys because i'm Bronx Born & Raised,..but i "RESPECT" Cowboy fans and i expect the same from them. One of my Former Interns isa Gigantic Dallas fan along with his Brother & Father,...we have Intelligent conversations. I met his GF a while back and we had Breakfast at a well known spot in Sedona. I tested the bounds of our friendship by wearing one of my NYG t-Shirts! His Girl thought It was so funny...She tool a pic with her iPhone of us "faking" an Argument!!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-13-2013, 08:00 PM   #77

Liked 165 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Da Bears http://beargoggleson.com/

A shameless plug for a good site that I do a bit of writing for...if you like the Bears that is! The Doug Plank tackling Robert Newhouse is autographed by Plank for me...can't see it in the picture though.
da-bears.jpg  

Old 08-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser
Da Bears http://beargoggleson.com/

A shameless plug for a good site that I do a bit of writing for...if you like the Bears that is! The Doug Plank tackling Robert Newhouse is autographed by Plank for me...can't see it in the picture though.
Met Coach PLANK once,..and had him on my old show about two years ago during a break from coaching when he was a consultant for NCSA. Good Guy,..too bad he's coaching Philly Soul this Weekend in the Arena Bowl Vs. My Az. Rattlers...
I don't get guests for the Cleveland show, But I'll be doing 2 other shows, so If you ever want to come on one to talk Bears & NFC North Let me know! On one show My co-host is a Michigan Pre Law Alum, Georgetown Law Grad & Packers Fan...And the other one is for the Players Assn. Website....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #79

Liked 165 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Met Coach PLANK once,..and had him on my old show about two years ago during a break from coaching when he was a consultant for NCSA. Good Guy,..too bad he's coaching Philly Soul this Weekend in the Arena Bowl Vs. My Az. Rattlers...
I don't get guests for the Cleveland show, But I'll be doing 2 other shows, so If you ever want to come on one to talk Bears & NFC North Let me know! On one show My co-host is a Michigan Pre Law Alum, Georgetown Law Grad & Packers Fan...And the other one is for the Players Assn. Website....
I might take you up on the offer...I don't know anything about the shows you do...radio? PM me should you want to speak more.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:59 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser

I might take you up on the offer...I don't know anything about the shows you do...radio? PM me should you want to speak more.
Radio,..Mostly Internet but have done Traditional broadcast in the past. I will def. PM you