The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL - Page 56
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2014, 01:21 AM   #551
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1957 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
pretty cute, but peyton owns brady in almost all season and all time stats that matter.

they are both really great QB's imo, but if manning gets another ring and takes a few more all time records....then he distances himself from the "spygate" super bowl chump...er, champ.
1-Manning has the worst post season record for a starting qb OF ALL TIME...

2-Head to head, Brady 10, Manning 5...Hardly qualifies as 'ownership'...

3-He can have all the regular season stats he wants, doesn't add up to a hill of beans. There's only one 'stat' that matters...

4-Championships, Brady 3, Manning 1

'Spygate'? Really? Now that's cute... Haters gonna hate...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 AM   #552
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 988 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 71

imageuploadedbyfirearms-talk1390272361.587197.jpg Maybe next year Tom. Maybe next year.....
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
hawkguy Likes This 
Old 01-21-2014, 03:51 AM   #553

Liked 2850 Times on 1688 Posts
Likes Given: 1875

Quote:
vincent;1487784]1-Manning has the worst post season record for a starting qb OF ALL TIME...
fact, he does have a history of "choke-i-ness" i won't deny.

Quote:
2-Head to head, Brady 10, Manning 5...Hardly qualifies as 'ownership'...
meh. proves nada for legacy. unless you wish to concede that eli is superior to brady based on whipping his arse in 2 super bowls....

Quote:
3-He can have all the regular season stats he wants, doesn't add up to a hill of beans. There's only one 'stat' that matters...
come on now, i admit brady is more clutch post season than manning, the facts prove it. but to dismiss a player's production stats? brady has played basically the same amount of time as manning, yet manning has like 100 TD passes and thousands of yards more. that is significant. unless you're a blind brady lover....you;re not a blind brady lover, are ya vincent? i mean he is good looking, but lets try and look at facts here....

stats absolutely matter, this is why they are calculated and records are so important.

Quote:
4-Championships, Brady 3, Manning 1
so by this rate of judging QB's, trent dilfer is a better all time QB than dan marino?

rings are PART of the equation, not everything.

Quote:
'Spygate'? Really? Now that's cute... Haters gonna hate...[
nah...i'm just messing w/ya. no hate for brady, he is a great QB. i consider him and manning on equal status as all time greats. tom has the rings, peyton is taking the records.

but i do love to prod anyone i think might be a "super fan" of brady's....it just brings me joy.....
Old 01-21-2014, 05:05 AM   #554
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The interviews I have read of Brady, he seems to know how lucky he is to be where he is. From what I have read I kinda like the guy. Belicheck on the other hand I would be perfectly willing to "gut shoot" if I thought I could get away with it.

I like Manning too he markets himself well, and seems to have his tongue firmly in his cheek during most of the commercials he does.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #555

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Who will win it all? Seattle and that awesome D, or Manning and the Broncos
I think Seattle should be able to pull out the win.

Seattle 24
Denver 17

Old 01-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #556
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3160 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 685

Ok I'll throw down here and give some of my Professional expertise since my team is not playing, even though it's being played in My Teams Building.

Both teams have inventive Offensive systems. While Pete Carroll installed(with Darrel Bevel) a more open, Read/Run-Pass option offense with Three and 4 WR or Shift formations( in the old days there would be considered Single Wing and Wing T sets), Fox, at the direction of GM John Elway has given Manning more traditional 2 WR 2TE or 3WR sets to play with. Manning can roll out or tuck the ball and run for the sidelines if he has to, but does try to avoid it. Defensively, Seattle's strength is in the Secondary, while Denver's is in the front 7 or 6 in nickel packages. Even though Von Millers' injury Hurts Denver a bit, they have enough depth. To manage. I also give the Kicking game to Denver.

Final Score: Denver 34 Seattle 24...

Dr.Football has spoken....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 01-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #557
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2801 Times on 1632 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

IMHO.

Brady - Manning: slight edge to Brady, yeah because of the rings. However, ZERO rings since "Spygate". Hmmm.

If Broncos win SB, Manning will not retire, remember Elway won his two back-to-back SB his last 2 years in NFL. Elway will be all over Manning to return + Peyton will want to have atleast 1 more than Eli.

Final Score: Broncos 27, Seahawks 23

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #558

Liked 2850 Times on 1688 Posts
Likes Given: 1875

Quote:
eatmydust;1487950]IMHO.

Brady - Manning: slight edge to Brady, yeah because of the rings. However, ZERO rings since "Spygate". Hmmm.
i could see that. i put them about equal cause manning has so much more production in terms of TD's and yards over brady. that's the reason if manning keeps knocking off records and gets another ring, imo he retires on top. and yeah....the whole cheating thing is a stain for brady, but my belief is almost any team would do the same thing. patriots just got caught.

if manning blows this SB, and doesn't quite get to the top on the all time records, Brady has the edge as all time QB imo.

Quote:
If Broncos win SB, Manning will not retire, remember Elway won his two back-to-back SB his last 2 years in NFL. Elway will be all over Manning to return + Peyton will want to have atleast 1 more than Eli.
i think if manning is healthy enough to play, he will play....as long as that is.

Quote:
i am pulling for denver, but 2 things bother me. one, defenses tend to dominate overall in SB's. and manning can get nervous for big games.

i predict a somewhat sloppy game in which turnovers decide the outcome. but my opinion is far form expert.

Old 01-21-2014, 12:38 PM   #559

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
fact, he does have a history of "choke-i-ness" i won't deny.

meh. proves nada for legacy. unless you wish to concede that eli is superior to brady based on whipping his arse in 2 super bowls....

come on now, i admit brady is more clutch post season than manning, the facts prove it. but to dismiss a player's production stats? brady has played basically the same amount of time as manning, yet manning has like 100 TD passes and thousands of yards more. that is significant. unless you're a blind brady lover....you;re not a blind brady lover, are ya vincent? i mean he is good looking, but lets try and look at facts here....

stats absolutely matter, this is why they are calculated and records are so important.

so by this rate of judging QB's, trent dilfer is a better all time QB than dan marino?

rings are PART of the equation, not everything.

nah...i'm just messing w/ya. no hate for brady, he is a great QB. i consider him and manning on equal status as all time greats. tom has the rings, peyton is taking the records.

but i do love to prod anyone i think might be a "super fan" of brady's....it just brings me joy.....
I just laughed my ass off, thanks Hawk!

It actually took me years to warm up to Brady...

I was a 'blind Bledsoe lover"...

hawkguy Likes This 
Old 01-21-2014, 12:42 PM   #560

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
IMHO.

Look at it this way...

Two of the most successful teams in history, Cowboys and Niners have a grand total of 4 combined playoff wins and Zero championships since 1996...

It's hard win a championship...

Overkill0084 Likes This