Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 02:35 AM   #21
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2757 Times on 1898 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr
I'm not an NFL fan. Only reason I've ever watched any Super Bowl (at most, 2 quarters in any one year) was for the commercials. But college football?... I get VERY agitated when I can't get a Georgia game on the tube (all too common out here in OkieLand). I don't put much stock in preseason rankings, but Dawgs are in a good position to make a run for it and topple Alabama. And might as well face it, SEC is going to end up #1 again.
Robert: no Fox Sports South In OK?? I have it here In Az....

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #22

Liked 76 Times on 46 Posts

So, I'm on espn's nfl page the other day, and I think to myself," Who's the guy wearing the Eagles hat. Oh yeah. It's the coach."

Not used to seeing someone who's not Andy Reid. Chip Kelly says he wants the offense to run a play every 18 seconds.

Should be fun to watch.

Let's predict Eagles record this season.

I'll say 9 & 7

Old 08-07-2013, 03:07 AM   #23

Liked 1088 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordracing
So, I'm on espn's nfl page the other day, and I think to myself," Who's the guy wearing the Eagles hat. Oh yeah. It's the coach."

Not used to seeing someone who's not Andy Reid. Chip Kelly says he wants the offense to run a play every 18 seconds.

Should be fun to watch.

Let's predict Eagles record this season.

I'll say 9 & 7
I'm thinking opposite 7-9. sorry

Old 08-07-2013, 03:25 AM   #24

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
I said today on Air that I think AFCN is the second most competitive Division in The NFL(behind the NFC East)....
I think This is the Year that Both OHIO teams MAKE the Post Season...Lewis Never impressed me as a Head coach,..but he had such Promise as a Coordinator. Reason they don't can him in Cincy is WHO ELSE Would they get?? Chud is doing some interesting things In Cleveland...another Head coach that Didn't go and do ANYTHING was Norv Turner..but as a Coordinator....he could be BRILLIANT!!
I'll agree the NFC-E is a force to be reckoned with.

I'd like to see my guys lose Lewis and maybe take Zimmer and put him in the big chair. But then who replaces him as the DC? I think a coach with Zimmers attitude and old schoolwork ethic could pan out as a good head coach. Kind of reminds me of a Forrest Gregg type guy. But we seen Lebeau fail as a head coach in Cincinnati and he's a great defensive coach himself. The one constant I've watched in the Bengals failures is Mike Brown and the Blackburns. I don't care if they want to cash the owners checks. Just give them a real Ron Wolf type GM.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-07-2013, 03:36 AM   #25

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I'm not an NFL fan. Only reason I've ever watched any Super Bowl (at most, 2 quarters in any one year) was for the commercials. But college football?... I get VERY agitated when I can't get a Georgia game on the tube (all too common out here in OkieLand). I don't put much stock in preseason rankings, but Dawgs are in a good position to make a run for it and topple Alabama. And might as well face it, SEC is going to end up #1 again.
atdhe.eu streams a lot of football and other sports. Being a Bengals fan I have had to put up with blacked out games even since I've moved away form Cinti
Just use a good pop up blocker to dispose of the ads. I am a Mozilla Firefox browser fan with the adblock plus extension.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #26
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 915 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I usually don't pay much attention to football until it starts to get cold.

I live 7 miles south of the "Pro Football Hall of Fame" and I stayed as far away from town this weekend as I could get.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:40 AM   #27

Liked 63 Times on 38 Posts

I'm a die hard Redskins fan. Have been all my life. I also pull for who ever is playing against the cowgirls LOL.

One note that garbage going around of people trying to make the Redskins change their name needs to take a hike. They been the Redskins since day one and that is it. Also I have talked to many people of Native American decent and they say it disintegrate bother them. So it show that it just more political correct junk run amuck.

Old 08-07-2013, 06:00 AM   #28
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2757 Times on 1898 Posts
Likes Given: 558

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert121571
I'm a die hard Redskins fan. Have been all my life. I also pull for who ever is playing against the cowgirls LOL.

One note that garbage going around of people trying to make the Redskins change their name needs to take a hike. They been the Redskins since day one and that is it. Also I have talked to many people of Native American decent and they say it disintegrate bother them. So it show that it just more political correct junk run amuck.
I agree. The only folks that want it changed are the politicians

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #29
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Dallas didn't look so hot against Miami, the other night,

even though they won.

Methinks they'll have to crank it up a couple notches,

before they face off with anybody real, like Pittsburg

or Buffalo.
Dont put much staock in pre-season...most of the cowgurls starters didnt even suit up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I'm hoping Detroit does something this year since they picked up a decent running back!!!
Well, its preseason, so we can have hope....by week 6-7 we'll be eliminated as always.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
What happens to alot of players that get drafted by Detroit?!?Stafford needs to control his throws and figures out when to get rid of the damn ball!! I'm hoping Reggie still has some run left in his legs.
I think the Reggie move was bad. N.O. used him up. Between Jokey Bell and Leshoure I think we have a pretty stout back field...just need some SERIOUS help up front.

and yeah, Matt needs to step it up a BUNCH...he looked like Peyton last season with all the turnovers.

I'll be watching Fri. night just to take a peek at the new blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Dont get me started on the SEC BS!! You boys all spew about how the SEC is the greatest...lets see those pussies come north and play those bowl games at Dah Big Haus, or Duh Horseshoe or spartan stadium! ALL the friggn (toilet) bowl games are played down south....HOME games for the SEC every year!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #30
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 915 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Here we go again, it is early yet but the Browns looked good enough tonight to give me false hope that will be dashed somewhere about week 6 or 8 of the regular season. You would think I would have learned by now.