The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

The Football Thread-This is your HOME for discussions about FOOTBALL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3391 Times on 2293 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Default DEtroit RB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I'm hoping Detroit does something this year since they picked up a decent running back!!!
They also got one in FA...Wondering what ever Happend to Lions RB ARTOSE PINNER..he was 4th Rd Pick of Lions Inthink in 2003 or 2004...I remember interviewing him. Alan Herman IS/Was his agent..He doesn't even know "where is Artose" now....?

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 08-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #12

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
Dallas didn't look so hot against Miami, the other night,

even though they won.

Methinks they'll have to crank it up a couple notches,

before they face off with anybody real, like Pittsburg

or Buffalo.
Ah..First pre season game the bulk of starters where out by first series or so. Honestly I don't put much into the preseason until the last game.

I've been a Bengals fan since I was a boy and they first become a team. Yeah, it's been pretty hard being the team owner is a total asshat and I don't think our head coach is the right guy. He might have been at one time but he has evolved into something I'm not too sure of.

Over the past few seasons they have done some pretty good things. Finally getting rid of that whine sack of a QB Palmer and put some pretty good guys around an OK QB At least Dalton will try to win. Palmer gave up the first time he got hurt. But I"d like to see the kid step up and do it or a new starter next season. With the draft the way it played out I'm very interested in seeing how the AFCN plays out. The Steelers made some moves I wouldn't have and Ravens traded down. It will be a while before Cleveland has anything to talk about.

Can Cincinnati get over the hump and win a playoff game? I'm not sure. On paper they should have been able to dso better last year but they folded under the pressure for the last few games of the season and looked outright scared against Houston in the Wild Card. The D will play pretty well, they usually do. It's up to the Bengal offense to step up and play like they demand respect of the league. Maybe now that they have some real second and third recievers so poor AJ Green is not expected to do everything even while double covered every play and a QB that has not shows the arm accuracy they he is advertised to have.

But the AFCN is a tricky critter. The Steelers and Ravens have been counted out every year for a few years with their old defenses and funky coaching but they still are always a force to be reckoned with. They both win games with teams that are not supposed to win according to the talking heads.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to the game in Atl. First pre game or not I want to see what kind of people are waiting on the wings to take their place in the NFL. And the Falcons running a little weak are still a pretty impressive team. I'll be dusting off my Munoz jersey for the game.I'll wait to make my season prediction on them for game 3-4 of the preseason. I'm usually right within a game or two. Again though, on part they look great. But they have looked real good on paper for years. Man I wish the Brown family would stop trying to be like Daddy Paul. THey have not been a real competetive team since Paul Brown passed.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #13

Liked 1102 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball

They also got one in FA...Wondering what ever Happend to Lions RB ARTOSE PINNER..he was 4th Rd Pick of Lions Inthink in 2003 or 2004...I remember interviewing him. Alan Herman IS/Was his agent..He doesn't even know "where is Artose" now....?
What happens to alot of players that get drafted by Detroit?!?Stafford needs to control his throws and figures out when to get rid of the damn ball!! I'm hoping Reggie still has some run left in his legs.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie

Ah..First pre season game the bulk of starters where out by first series or so. Honestly I don't put much into the preseason until the last game.

I've been a Bengals fan since I was a boy and they first become a team. Yeah, it's been pretty hard being the team owner is a total asshat and I don't think our head coach is the right guy. He might have been at one time but he has evolved into something I'm not too sure of.

Over the past few seasons they have done some pretty good things. Finally getting rid of that whine sack of a QB Palmer and put some pretty good guys around an OK QB At least Dalton will try to win. Palmer gave up the first time he got hurt. But I"d like to see the kid step up and do it or a new starter next season. With the draft the way it played out I'm very interested in seeing how the AFCN plays out. The Steelers made some moves I wouldn't have and Ravens traded down. It will be a while before Cleveland has anything to talk about.

Can Cincinnati get over the hump and win a playoff game? I'm not sure. On paper they should have been able to dso better last year but they folded under the pressure for the last few games of the season and looked outright scared against Houston in the Wild Card. The D will play pretty well, they usually do. It's up to the Bengal offense to step up and play like they demand respect of the league. Maybe now that they have some real second and third recievers so poor AJ Green is not expected to do everything even while double covered every play and a QB that has not shows the arm accuracy they he is advertised to have.

But the AFCN is a tricky critter. The Steelers and Ravens have been counted out every year for a few years with their old defenses and funky coaching but they still are always a force to be reckoned with. They both win games with teams that are not supposed to win according to the talking heads.

I have to admit I'm looking forward to the game in Atl. First pre game or not I want to see what kind of people are waiting on the wings to take their place in the NFL. And the Falcons running a little weak are still a pretty impressive team. I'll be dusting off my Munoz jersey for the game.I'll wait to make my season prediction on them for game 3-4 of the preseason. I'm usually right within a game or two. Again though, on part they look great. But they have looked real good on paper for years. Man I wish the Brown family would stop trying to be like Daddy Paul. THey have not been a real competetive team since Paul Brown passed.
I said today on Air that I think AFCN is the second most competitive Division in The NFL(behind the NFC East)....
I think This is the Year that Both OHIO teams MAKE the Post Season...Lewis Never impressed me as a Head coach,..but he had such Promise as a Coordinator. Reason they don't can him in Cincy is WHO ELSE Would they get?? Chud is doing some interesting things In Cleveland...another Head coach that Didn't go and do ANYTHING was Norv Turner..but as a Coordinator....he could be BRILLIANT!!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 08-06-2013, 11:16 PM   #15

Liked 3430 Times on 1939 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

I like the Bays.

Green Bay? 'Nuff said.

As to my hometown Bucs,

even when they lose, they're

fun to watch.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 08-06-2013, 11:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf
I like the Bays.

Green Bay? 'Nuff said.

As to my hometown Bucs,

even when they lose, they're

fun to watch.
An old friend of mine Is the Off. coordinator In Tampa...

Old 08-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #17

Liked 3430 Times on 1939 Posts
Likes Given: 2405

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
An old friend of mine Is the Off. coordinator In Tampa...
Way cool, dude. Does he get you a deal on tickets?

Old 08-07-2013, 02:00 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf

Way cool, dude. Does he get you a deal on tickets?
I don't even live close enough even if I did,...we saw a lot of each other when he worked for the GIANTS & I was covering them...I expect he will get a chance at a head coaching job one day...

Old 08-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1632 Times on 1004 Posts
Likes Given: 2478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
What happens to alot of players that get drafted by Detroit?!?Stafford needs to control his throws and figures out when to get rid of the damn ball!! I'm hoping Reggie still has some run left in his legs.
I thought the same thing when he was in college. He brought about a lot of heartburn amongst us UGA fans.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1632 Times on 1004 Posts
Likes Given: 2478

I'm not an NFL fan. Only reason I've ever watched any Super Bowl (at most, 2 quarters in any one year) was for the commercials. But college football?... I get VERY agitated when I can't get a Georgia game on the tube (all too common out here in OkieLand). I don't put much stock in preseason rankings, but Dawgs are in a good position to make a run for it and topple Alabama. And might as well face it, SEC is going to end up #1 again.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.