Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Foot in mouth...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3684 Times on 1817 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Default Foot in mouth...

So...the other day my wife and I were doing some yard work. She had just moved a bag of potting soil over to one of her large pots and I realized she did not have anything to help her open the bag.

Being a gentlemen, I patted my trusty pocket folder and asked her if she'd like my knife?

She rolled her eyes and informed me that "not once" in her life has she ever needed a pocket kife and used her trowel to open the bag.

Being a little anoyed at her snarky reply I offered that "not once" in my life had I ever needed a cotex, did that mean they were not useful?

I thought it was pretty funny but apparently feminine hygene jokes are lost on the fairer sex?

Tack

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #2

Liked 2325 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Yeah, fair to say that's forbidden territory. My wife is not inline with those jokes either.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Yeah, fair to say that's forbidden territory. My wife is not inline with those jokes either.
There is much truth to the "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing. I thought it was damn funny!

Tack

Old 05-12-2012, 06:10 PM   #4

Liked 2325 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

There is much truth to the "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing. I thought it was damn funny!

Tack
And I agree with you that is was funny,

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #5

Hahaha! That is funny! I'm not sure I would of been able to come up with it right there on the spot!..... That's a good one!

A man who is good enough to shed his blood for the country is good enough to be given a square deal afterwards.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Old 05-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #6

Not the first time quick wit has gotten me into trouble.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #7
Texas Ranger Fan!

Liked 16808 Times on 9743 Posts
Likes Given: 43865

i found it funny too! but i am sure your wife didn't see the humor?

Old 05-12-2012, 07:21 PM   #8

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I'm guessing that since you can still type, she only closed one of your eyes.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Relax, y'all. It's not my blood. ~Me, Fallujah, 2005

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My soon to be ex said she wanted half my guns. (i guess since I only have three, I should saw one in half?) I told her I wanted half the tampons she'll be buying from now until she hits menopause, since I have about as much use for them as she does for my guns.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:36 PM   #10

Liked 40 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
So...the other day my wife and I were doing some yard work. She had just moved a bag of potting soil over to one of her large pots and I realized she did not have anything to help her open the bag.

Being a gentlemen, I patted my trusty pocket folder and asked her if she'd like my knife?

She rolled her eyes and informed me that "not once" in her life has she ever needed a pocket kife and used her trowel to open the bag.

Being a little anoyed at her snarky reply I offered that "not once" in my life had I ever needed a cotex, did that mean they were not useful?

I thought it was pretty funny but apparently feminine hygene jokes are lost on the fairer sex?

Tack
I think I would have mentioned a nail file instead. Since I use nail clippers.

One of the first things my dad ever taught me is never go anywhere without a knife.