Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Foot in mouth... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/foot-mouth-64333/)

Tackleberry1 05-12-2012 05:42 PM

Foot in mouth...

So...the other day my wife and I were doing some yard work. She had just moved a bag of potting soil over to one of her large pots and I realized she did not have anything to help her open the bag.

Being a gentlemen, I patted my trusty pocket folder and asked her if she'd like my knife?

She rolled her eyes and informed me that "not once" in her life has she ever needed a pocket kife and used her trowel to open the bag.:rolleyes:

Being a little anoyed at her snarky reply I offered that "not once" in my life had I ever needed a cotex, did that mean they were not useful?:D

I thought it was pretty funny but apparently feminine hygene jokes are lost on the fairer sex?

Tack

kytowboater 05-12-2012 05:45 PM

Yeah, fair to say that's forbidden territory. My wife is not inline with those jokes either.

Tackleberry1 05-12-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kytowboater (Post 798350)
Yeah, fair to say that's forbidden territory. My wife is not inline with those jokes either.

There is much truth to the "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing. I thought it was damn funny!

Tack

kytowboater 05-12-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

There is much truth to the "men are from Mars, women are from Venus" thing. I thought it was damn funny!

Tack

And I agree with you that is was funny,

Jkl-28 05-12-2012 06:23 PM

Hahaha! That is funny! I'm not sure I would of been able to come up with it right there on the spot!..... That's a good one!

Tackleberry1 05-12-2012 06:27 PM

Not the first time quick wit has gotten me into trouble. :)

Axxe55 05-12-2012 07:04 PM

i found it funny too! but i am sure your wife didn't see the humor?:eek::D

gollygee 05-12-2012 07:21 PM

I'm guessing that since you can still type, she only closed one of your eyes. ;)

trip286 05-12-2012 07:29 PM

My soon to be ex said she wanted half my guns. (i guess since I only have three, I should saw one in half?) I told her I wanted half the tampons she'll be buying from now until she hits menopause, since I have about as much use for them as she does for my guns.

Shoobee 05-12-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 (Post 798345)
So...the other day my wife and I were doing some yard work. She had just moved a bag of potting soil over to one of her large pots and I realized she did not have anything to help her open the bag.

Being a gentlemen, I patted my trusty pocket folder and asked her if she'd like my knife?

She rolled her eyes and informed me that "not once" in her life has she ever needed a pocket kife and used her trowel to open the bag.:rolleyes:

Being a little anoyed at her snarky reply I offered that "not once" in my life had I ever needed a cotex, did that mean they were not useful?:D

I thought it was pretty funny but apparently feminine hygene jokes are lost on the fairer sex?

Tack

I think I would have mentioned a nail file instead. Since I use nail clippers.

One of the first things my dad ever taught me is never go anywhere without a knife.