Food stamps at burger king - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Food stamps at burger king

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
No prepared foods (meaning cooked, like that rotisserie chicken, frozen pizza is fine), no alcohol, no tobacco.

Red bull, monster, amped, no problem.

At least here anyway.
I have never tried frozen pizza. I get the pizza kits and the boys and I make it at home ourselfs. They get to put all their favorite things on it. It not only works out better for us, but they also get to help out mom.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #22
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 10745 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 1755

Here in VA, program is called SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)

What you CAN buy is limited

There are restrictions on what you can buy through the SNAP program. Eligible foods are those meant for human consumption. This includes snacks, spices, infant formula, water, edible plants and consumable items used in food preparation. Examples of ineligible items are pet food, alcohol, tobacco, hot prepared foods, paper products, cleaning solutions, medications and dietary supplements.

EBT is also used for Electronic Bank Transfer a/k/a EFT

Old 01-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #23

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

When my sister-in-law was bi**hing about having to go thru the check out at Kroger twice I ask why she has to go thru twice.

I guess beer and cigarettes are not allowed on food stamps, so she buys a bunch of canned goods, then goes directly to customer service and states she has changed her mind. They give her an “in store credit” then she goes back for the beer and cigarettes.

I went to Kroger and asked to speak to the manager and told her I did not think this was what was intended! The manager explained to me that about 70% to 80% of the food stamp people do this. I said they should put a stop to it and was told they do not want to stop it as they make a higher markup on beer and cigarettes and if they stopped the practice the people would go to another store.

I then complained to the State of Indiana and they basically told me to mind my own business! I feel it is my business as I go to work and pay taxes so that lazy bums like my in-laws can sit home, make babies, smoke pot and never work.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #24

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Here in VA, program is called SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)

What you CAN buy is limited

There are restrictions on what you can buy through the SNAP program. Eligible foods are those meant for human consumption. This includes snacks, spices, infant formula, water, edible plants and consumable items used in food preparation. Examples of ineligible items are pet food, alcohol, tobacco, hot prepared foods, paper products, cleaning solutions, medications and dietary supplements.

EBT is also used for Electronic Bank Transfer a/k/a EFT
SNAP is what its called here too, there's also TANF which is more of a general purpose assistance (can buy T.P.). My SNAP card had EBT on it, and in my area, and memphis, EBT is the generally accepted term meaning "food stamp"

Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1341 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 250

I have no problems helping someone get back on their feet, the problem is the system has been completely basterdized to being a lifestyle. Good friend of ours, her sister is on food stamps, unemployment, and gets housing assistance. She AND HER DAUGHTER have internet, home phone, smart cell phones, she smokes, drinks, and has her heat paid for. She has a medical MJ card, which she has paid a DR to give her and sits around high most every day. We grow and can our own food, partially for cost, partially for quality.

Friend of my daughter gets so much money on her EBT card, she has offered to help other people, just so she can spend all her money. She's the one that decided to have sex and get pregnant... twice.

I'm sorry, but life sucks, stop sucking the life out of those that work and pay taxes.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #26
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2880 Times on 1581 Posts
Likes Given: 810

And they all vote for Obama.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:41 PM   #27

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I don't want to be heartless but, theft is theft. Go to a bank and rob it, you go to prison. Pass a law to legally rob me of my labor and earnings by the sweat of my brow, and give it to someone who didn't earn it and they call it votes.

Stealing from the productive and squandering it on the non-productive diminishes my ability to provide for myself and my family. Over 50% of Americans get one form of government assistance or another. Charity is the most under used word in the dictionary.

It's not my responsibility to get up in the morning and labor all day for someone elses benefit, period!

Soap box / OFF

Old 01-17-2012, 11:49 PM   #28

Liked 10 Times on 4 Posts

Googled, found this. http://campuskitchens.org/blog/2011/01/12/food-stamps-accepted-at-the-burger-king-near-you/

Sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Old 01-17-2012, 11:52 PM   #29

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbrower
That is exactly what I'm talking about, and the very same sign. Total BS.

Old 01-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #30

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Trip- want to tell us what you think EBT stands for?
Well if it's enormous bouncing tatas then they are welcome here too.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington