Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Food stamps at burger king (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/food-stamps-burger-king-55685/)

trip286 01-17-2012 05:42 PM

Food stamps at burger king
 
Just turned on the news, apparently BK in Virginia and Maryland are starting to do delivery! Hey, I think that's great! More jobs, and more convenience.

The thing I had an issue with is this, the particular BK in the news clip had a huge sign in the window "EBT welcome here!"..... What the hell? Did anyone else happen to see the same clip, or know anything about fast food taking stamps like this? Total BS.

partdeux 01-17-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trip286 (Post 679888)
Just turned on the news, apparently BK in Virginia and Maryland are starting to do delivery! Hey, I think that's great! More jobs, and more convenience.

The thing I had an issue with is this, the particular BK in the news clip had a huge sign in the window "EBT welcome here!"..... What the hell? Did anyone else happen to see the same clip, or know anything about fast food taking stamps like this? Total BS.

I was in a grocery store one day, guy used his EBT card to buy high end cheeses and other expensive foods, including steaks... and then used his credit card to buy beer, and not cheap stuff like bud, but higher end beer.

c3shooter 01-17-2012 06:08 PM

Trip- want to tell us what you think EBT stands for?

trip286 01-17-2012 06:25 PM

I think it means "electronic benefits transfer". It is the same card that food stamp (or it's official term) benefits go on. I've used food stamps, mine had EBT all over it. Why? Do you think I'm misunderstanding something here?

Is there another EBT card that is used for food but is restricted only to certain places?

trip286 01-17-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux

I was in a grocery store one day, guy used his EBT card to buy high end cheeses and other expensive foods, including steaks... and then used his credit card to buy beer, and not cheap stuff like bud, but higher end beer.

I used mine to buy store brand foods. They would give us way more than we needed, but here, whatever you don't use does not rollover into the next month, meaning they got back what wasn't used. And I rarely used more than half of what they gave me.

dragunovsks 01-17-2012 07:20 PM

This is one thing my dad always complained about, he was a grocery store manager for years. People would come in bitchin about how the gub'ment wasnt giving them enough foodstamps but walking out of the store with t-bone steaks or name brand food.

notdku 01-17-2012 07:26 PM

There's definitely misuse of the system going on if you can have Burger King delivered to your house.

texaswoodworker 01-17-2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragunovsks (Post 679974)
This is one thing my dad always complained about, he was a grocery store manager for years. People would come in bitchin about how the gub'ment wasnt giving them enough foodstamps but walking out of the store with t-bone steaks or name brand food.

Thats what I don't like about them. Its fine to use them on decent food that you need (I don't even mind people using them on fast food), but don't spend it all on t bone steaks and lobster. That just ain't right. Especially when they complain about not getting enough.

Cope's Distributing 01-17-2012 07:44 PM

I get food stamps right now.. I am a single mother of 2 an work everyday. I dont get much on the card, but I only buy what we need and most of what I buy is stuff that I can make at home and make it last for at least 2 or 3 days. I hate using it cause people always look an stare. But I go to work everyday and still just cant make it with out some help. Heck I dont even get child support so the way I see it. If I work 40 hours, pay all my own bills, and get a little bit of help from the goverment. I am going to take it. I dont ever buy lobster or tbone steaks but, I have bought name brand food before.

JTJ 01-17-2012 07:48 PM

Some people on EBT take grocery orders and collect cash for the groceries at a discount of course. That way they can buy their cigarettes, booze and drugs.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.