Food Prices in Your Area
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Food Prices in Your Area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2008, 04:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Food Prices in Your Area

How are they? Will it get better?

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-06-2008, 06:51 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

As long as fuel prices continue to go up, so will the cost of everything else. I'm against government regulation of anything, but something has to be done about fuel prices before riots break out.

Old 04-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah i thought the truckers were going on strike, A few independents tried but without support nothing became of it.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 04-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #4
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
As long as fuel prices continue to go up, so will the cost of everything else. I'm against government regulation of anything, but something has to be done about fuel prices before riots break out.
Like repealing taxes rather than levying new ones? Like drilling and refining in this country rather than paying OPEC $107/barrel for Saudi crude?

Food prices near me are definitely on the rise. Big time.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think that we have been somewhat de-sensitized to the prices as we have become with gas in the last 4 years. As the gas climbed to 1.39 then back down to 1.24 we thought "1.24 isn't too bad". Then we hit 2.09, then when it came back to 1.99 we said "thats not too bad". Now look at it. I was shocked at how expensive groceries had become in the states. What was the line from the old Charlie Daniels sing "let 'em pay two dollars for a one pound loaf of bread". Well here we are. And don't try to buy a half gallon of organic milk

Old 04-07-2008, 07:04 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wife and I only shop in Publix. We go when they have there 2 for 1 sales, and that's what we buy, only the stuff that's for sale 2 for 1. We usually walk out of there with a savings of about $30 to $40 on a bill of $120, so it adds up quick.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #7

i have definatly became a dollar menuare

Old 04-08-2008, 01:11 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Like repealing taxes rather than levying new ones? Like drilling and refining in this country rather than paying OPEC $107/barrel for Saudi crude?

Food prices near me are definitely on the rise. Big time.
Unfortunately, Alaskan Light Sweet goes for the same thing as OPEC produced crude. I'm with you though, on repealing taxes on American oil as well as paying subsidies only on American oil, but we need some hallowed ground that is preserved. We can't rape everything.

If there is one thing that we should have learned, it's that some things should be left as wilderness. When everything goes to ****, where else are you supposed to seek refuge? I spend several weeks per year in the wilderness of Northern California and without it, I'd probably be locked up in prison by now.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:31 AM   #9

its not just the price of crude went up, the US dollar buying power went down, too. that's going to trickle down to everything that requires transportation or petroleum for production [think plastics and pesticides].

movie zombie

Old 04-08-2008, 01:43 AM   #10
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt g View Post
Unfortunately, Alaskan Light Sweet goes for the same thing as OPEC produced crude. I'm with you though, on repealing taxes on American oil as well as paying subsidies only on American oil, but we need some hallowed ground that is preserved. We can't rape everything.

If there is one thing that we should have learned, it's that some things should be left as wilderness. When everything goes to ****, where else are you supposed to seek refuge? I spend several weeks per year in the wilderness of Northern California and without it, I'd probably be locked up in prison by now.
Certainly, we cannot exploit everything or we're done for. But ANWR is a rather large area inhabited mostly by mosquitoes. The area of ANWR where they want to drill is very near an area outside ANWR where they're already drilling, and the wilderness is impacted minimally.

Burning coal and oil to produce electrical power is absurd. We absolutely should have nuclear plants and alternative energy solutions in play as much as possible.

We can meet in the middle: help supply fuel to us and still keep the wilderness intact.