Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The folks at the range are shocked (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/folks-range-shocked-82268/)

ScottA 01-24-2013 01:46 AM

The folks at the range are shocked

I went out to Milan Rifle Club after work today to renew my membership since I didn't get my renewal form sent in before the end of the year.

Holy Buckets! Over 40 people were out there to join this evening. The guys running the meeting said it was three times the number they have seen at any other time.

c3shooter 01-24-2013 02:36 AM

Good morning! This is your wakeup call! :D

MobileMarine 01-24-2013 02:50 AM

Thats strange as hell , my local watering hole has been packed too with couples old and young buy glocks and such in pairs . Strange in the sense that according to our media , Americans are in favor of more laws and bans and they all agree just how evil guns are , specially those horrid black assault weapons .

jjfuller1 01-24-2013 02:54 AM

my club has climbed to over 100 members. which for the small town we live in is pretty impressive. my wife has had a couple coworkers asking for info about it.

ScottA 01-24-2013 03:07 AM

I over heard one of the guys say our club is now up over 1,000.

Husker_RN 01-24-2013 03:09 AM

Went today around noon to an indoor range to shoot and the parking lot was almost full. Pretty surprising for a Wednesday, I thought. The owner said they are keeping very busy, a lot of new buyers and lots of folks taking concealed carry classes.

KimberFan 01-24-2013 03:10 AM

I just returned from my local indoor range this evening. I didn't get to shoot due to the line of people ahead of me. Seriously, in the "Years" I've gone to this range to shoot which is a few days a month, I've NEVER seen anything like this. I wasn't upset, just taken back by the numbers and especially the women who have become involved in shooting as well. I guess, the bottom line is...even though i didn't get to fire a round...I liked what I saw. :)

BillM 01-24-2013 03:12 AM

The local range where I've been a member for years has a membership cap
of 400.

2 years ago they hit the cap in July

Last year they filled up in April

This year? January 16th---full up.

colmustard 01-24-2013 03:12 AM

Same here. Last year was the biggest membership the local club had taken in I think. Funny how real life does not seem to be on par with all these so called polls that are taken.

Bigcountry02 01-24-2013 06:23 AM

I have not been to the public range as of yet, the winds have been bitter cold on the days off. When I do have a day off, the wife has me working or running errands all over the area.

The weather has been excellent; but, another cold front rolling in on Sunday. I will push for Sunday some range time. Not sure what to bring, now I am getting a little worried with 12 gauge ammo, locally that ammo is moving.

I will give a report on the range crowd for Sunday.