Flu vaccines.......
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Flu vaccines.......

View Poll Results: Do you take the flu vaccine?
No, I never have. Please explain. 12 41.38%
Yes, I do every year. Please explain. 12 41.38%
I have in the past but I don't anymore because........... 5 17.24%
I never have before but I will start doing so now because..... 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

Default Flu vaccines.......

I was wondering how you all feel about the influenza vaccines. I have noticed this tends to be a pretty controversial subject. Let's see how many of you get the flu vaccine every year and why you do or do not. I'm also interested to hear of any experiences, good or bad, revolving around getting the vaccine. Please voice your opinion here.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 11-13-2011 at 07:52 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

WOC, i got one at work about 15 years ago, came down with the worst flu i have ever had in my life, was sick for almost three weeks. but the upside is that ever since, even if i get the flu now, i get over it quicker than most, usually only about half as long as others.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
WOC, i got one at work about 15 years ago, came down with the worst flu i have ever had in my life, was sick for almost three weeks. but the upside is that ever since, even if i get the flu now, i get over it quicker than most, usually only about half as long as others.
Very interesting, indeed. Thanks for your input. I have some very strong opinions on this subject but will not voice them until there have been a lot of replies here.

Old 11-13-2011, 09:00 AM   #4

Liked 185 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 185

I don't get it, waste of money to me, even if I just got my arm chopped off I still have to go to work so why risk getting sick from a shot when I have a better chance of not getting sick at all?

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 11-13-2011, 11:16 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have never had a flu vac. And for that mater no vacs since I was old enough to make my own calls. My 5 year old has not had the fist vac. Nethere my 7 year old daughter. Redone. 1 me and my wife do not trust something our gov and commercialy controled medical community pushes. 2 yes god gave us a brain and we use it if we need medical help yes we go get it we don't site here saying its gods will or natural remiady only. If we boa way of taking care of our selfes we will. Inmo the flu vac is a way for people at be to control the mass population.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #6

Liked 1912 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

Default Are you asking about getting shot?

Every year. I’m a nurse. It was a job requirement at the hospital and is one in my present job. My clients could very well die from the flu.

Personally; before I got them I got the flu every year. After I got them, I’d still get the flu some years, but not anywhere near as bad.

Last edited by Vincine; 11-13-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

In the past, meaning while I was in the Army. Ended up sicker than a dog for 3 days after each time. When I got out, never went to get another flu shot and never will. Maybe some killer flu virus strain will do away with me sometime in the future but that's my choice. That killer virus will do away with even those who had a shot because that shot won't be for that particular viral strain anyway.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:37 PM   #8

I and my teen son got flu shots this year for the first time. I never believed we were in danger from flu since we're both healthy with active immune systems. But my fiancee's son has health issues that put him at risk if he gets the flu, so we got the shots so we wouldn't transmit it to him or anyone else.

Dave

Old 11-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Indeed. Every year. Never had the flu.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 11-13-2011, 01:16 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1315 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Too many people have died from the flu vaccine, and they seem to be getting worse at predicting what the next flu strain is going to be.

I also fall into the camp that believe that vaccines in general (with some exceptions) prevent the immune system from developing broader base learned response to fighting future viruses.

Dr Mercola has a TON of links on his site wrt flu vaccine and vaccinations in general, here is just one of dozens More Proof Flu Shots Don