the flu shot is bulls$%t - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

the flu shot is bulls$%t

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 563 Times on 371 Posts

I guess its different for everyone. I just hope my little girl doesnt get it. I went to work yesterday and felt ok but when i came home i showered and laid on the couch and got worse and worse. I have no stomach symptoms but i have a nasty headache, fever/chills, cough and aching joints. I would rather be working ....... i better not miss turkey day

Old 11-21-2012, 02:29 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7219 Times on 3840 Posts
Likes Given: 555

One other thing it takes about three weeks for flu symptoms to show up post infection. You typically become infectious to others 2 weeks after infection and 1 week before symptoms manifest. Times vary depending on strain involved. Transmital to others lasts until fever breaks.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Last edited by JonM; 11-21-2012 at 02:31 PM.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:56 PM   #13

Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
I work in the medical arena. The number one way to not get the flu is to wash your hands frequently, do not use bare hands to open bathroom doors, do not use air driers to dry your hands dont touch common areas in fast food joints like ketchup dispensers swinging lids on garbage cans etc. Carry a small bottle of sanitizer so if you must scratch a face itch sanitize first.

Flu is commonly transmitted by contact. Touch something an infected person touches and then rub nise or eyes and you got the bug. Refrain from eating fastfood or in restraunts during flu season people who know they are sick often hide it so they dont get sent home.

Movie theaters and other areas with close packed people are another way to avoid it by avoiding malls and such places where you come into close contact with others.

The flu shot doesnt give you the flu but after getting it you have a 2 week window where your immune system is weaker as it it is fending off the vaccine. So your more likely to contract an illness after getting the shot. I like to time my flu shot with a weekend to give me time over a few days where im not exposed to the public
And the reason many people get sick, I believe, is because it would be simpler and easier to just stay home and wear surgical gloves and a mask.

I open bathroom doors with my bare hands. I only wash my hands in three circumstances, if I use the bathroom (1 or 2, even though I know where that's been), when I get something really nasty on them (I occasionally come in contact with raw sewage), or when I eat.

I use air driers only if there ate no prepper towels available, and only until my hands aren't just dripping wet.

I don't touch the garbage can lids only because there's usually a ketchup gunk built up on them.

I will not hide from the public because of transferable disease. If I wanna see a movie, I see a movie. If I need groceries, I'm going shopping. BUT, because I don't like crowds, I do plan these activities outside of the peak times for such things. For instance, I try to see a movie around mid day, and try to do my shopping in between checks instead of on the common paydays/offdays, I avoid Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.

I have never bought hand sanitizer, and I've never used it until recently when coming in contact with raw sewage.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #14

Liked 9217 Times on 5060 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM
One other thing it takes about three weeks for flu symptoms to show up post infection. You typically become infectious to others 2 weeks after infection and 1 week before symptoms manifest. Times vary depending on strain involved. Transmital to others lasts until fever breaks.
That's why is so contagious. People spread it without even knowing they have it.
racer_x Likes This 
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3809 Times on 2472 Posts

Got the shot two years in a row, got the flu both those years. I've had a touch of the flu since then, but nothing serious. Maybe coincidence, but I think not.

Has anyone noticed that the flu often breaks out several weeks after the shots are distributed? I didn't see it this year as much, but the last several years make it more of a coincidence, imho.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #16

Liked 1916 Times on 992 Posts
Likes Given: 1456

You can’t get the flu from a flu shot any more than you can drive a pile of rusted automobile parts from a junk yard. The virus is that busted up. If it’s even the virus in the first place. The vaccine could very well be an ‘imitation’ virus. Think ‘Grape’ flavored drink. It looks purple, it tastes sweet, but it’s high fructose corn syrup and isn’t anything like of 100% Grape Juice.

The reason many feel ill for a day or two right after a flu shot is because the immune system is ramping up. You’re fatigued because you’re using calories to make lots of antibodies, fast. You may have a fever because the body is raising its metabolism to try burn up what it thinks is a ‘virus’. That takes energy too. The body doesn't know it’s a shell game.

If you have the flu, the real flu, you’ll be sick for a week or more, with some really bad days, You’ll likely be vomiting and/or have the runs for at least part of that time. If it goes on you may become dehydrated and lose rationality because of electrolyte imbalance. Not an easy thing to fix if you can’t hold anything down. Bacterial (as distinct from viral) bronchitis, and other respiratory infections, like pneumonia, have an opportunity to inhabit and multiply in your lungs, requiring antibiotics and then you’ll have their side effects.

As was mentioned above, it takes a couple of weeks for a virus to invade a sufficient number of the body’s cells and commander their RNA before symptoms manifest. If you feel ill soon after a flu shot, it’s either what I described above, or you were infected about three weeks ago.

Last edited by Vincine; 11-21-2012 at 11:22 PM.
shadecorp Likes This 
Old 11-22-2012, 12:47 AM   #17

Liked 649 Times on 426 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I haven't ever had a Flu shot,the people I know that Do get the shots always complain about getting sick?

Old 11-22-2012, 02:00 AM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1686 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 289

too many problems with Flu shots

Old 11-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #19

Liked 563 Times on 371 Posts

Well im home sick still ..... i have to miss thanksgiving...... dammit

Old 11-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #20